Can anyonewho has been for an ATOS interview help?

Can anyone who has had an ATOS interview how the interview paneel is made up and the program of the interview takes place.

There aint no panel mate, just one person, and that could be anyone. when I went, there were only two medical staff on duty, one a doctor and the other a nurse, I had the nurse.

They go through a very minimal exercise routine read off the computer screen, like can you lift this leg, can you lift that one. If you can, your OK get, to work. Though saying that, they must take some notice of what they are told because they put me on the sick, much to my surprise. (I must be worse than I thought)

I'd take any medication you have in with you, regardless of what they say - Go in expecting the worse and anything else will be a bonus, but remember 40% of all the people that contest there decision win! so if you don't agree with what they say Appeal!.

This message has been deleted.

Edited by beefface

What a strange world we live in where being declared 'unfit' for work is a positive outcome whereas being declared 'fit' for work is a negative outcome!

Where is the 'I agree wholeheartedly' button.

What a strange world we live in where being declared 'unfit' for work is a positive outcome whereas being declared 'fit' for work is a negative outcome!

I think you'll find that this is viewed in the sense that the people are genuinely ill, and have to jump through hoops to prove it to someone. So when they get the decision they ARE unfit for work, it is just backing up what they are saying.

TBH some of the people who are found fit for work, should no way be found so its scandalous.

To Beefface and LowerWalkley, research ATOS very DEEPLY. It will open your eyes.

Trouble is, it may take some understanding by the 'hard of thinking'.

When terminally ill people are declared fit for work..................

'Nuff said....

The majority of people who go to these interviews are declared fit for work,

When they are not,

so having a man (medicle representative) with less experience of your condition than yourself or your Doctor telling you your fit for work is a little galling,

When I went I was only given 15 minutes of questions,

and then a cheerful goodbye,

And that was that !

My Doctor,psyche,and counciler all say I'm not ready to go back to work just yet,

I'm stilll waiting for the atos decision "to be made' after 2 months (as if its not a pre decided decision)

I'm BiPolar and none of the questions really concerned that,

However the atos building isn't hard to find ....

JJ..

To Beefface and LowerWalkley, research ATOS very DEEPLY. It will open your eyes.

Trouble is, it may take some understanding by the 'hard of thinking'.

When terminally ill people are declared fit for work..................

'Nuff said....

If i was terminally ill,i would not be claiming full stop.Very large bank loan(savings go to family and friends),Thailand,die happy.

This message has been deleted.

Edited by beefface

Like I said, it's a strange world!

and your in it :D