2014 Tour de France will start in Yorkshire and come to Sheffield

Glad you enjoyed it.It goes to show that it was a day that had something for everyone! I bet you're already looking foreward to the next time.

Some people are full of the joys of spring. :hihi:

Regards

Doom

As regards the public reaction - i think it's 2 fold.

On one hand you have the world's greatest annual sport event going past your front door so to speak, something that'll probably never happen again.

But on the other hand - it's a chance to get out and do something. The Bradfield Brewery beer festival was a first for them. obviously because of the TDF but this might become an annual event. To be honest, if it'd been a local triathlon we'd have gone up because it was something different.

Glad you enjoyed it.It goes to show that it was a day that had something for everyone! I bet you're already looking foreward to the next time.

I think he's already booked a two week holiday in France for next years Tour, two weeks of seeing middle-class morons being humiliated was just too much of a big temptation for him to resist.

Was at the 1km from the top of the Jawbone banner. Lines of people all the way to the top. Battled through the motorway traffic. Passed by loads of official vehicles and motorbikes heading to Cambridge to find the TV highlights didn't show our section....

Gary Verity for Prime Minister....

I didn't partake of the celebrations but it was mightily refreshing to see the trams full and "families" actually doing something together - we assume they were heading for the TdF.

The tv pictures looked incredible and i think everyone deserves a huge amount of praise.

Great day, and so glad we made the effort. Bradfield looked incredible. Only complaint is the police allowing cars to park both side of the road up from Loxley. Gridlocked afterwards, and could easily have been avoided.

To be fair I don't think anyone was expecting the sheer volume of people turning out to watch.

Where we were, Mortimer Road / Penistone Road junction, there must have been in excess of 3000 people with one police officer and one PCSO.

The road next to it was closed however people still chose to ignore the closure and drive up anyway in an attempt to park.

It was a thankless job for them keeping everyone off the route let alone acting parking warden.

The evening of Wednesday July 23rd.

http://www.sheffieldgrandprix.co.uk

That`s the one. It was great last year. Women`s race first and then men. An hour each at great speeds. Free and fun if the weather is right.

Who attended the Bradfield Beer Festival and the camping in High Bradfield for the Tour De France???

What an AMAZING event and the weekend of a lifetime, from start to finish

Massive thank you to the organisers of the camping, super helpful & friendly (especially when I lost my little girl!! :o)

Proud of Yorkshire :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

What an amazing atmosphere and day, well done Yorkshire

10 x better than the World Cup or Olympics. Because it's free! No travelling because it comes to your door step. People started arriving Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 9am. I was luckily I set of at 3pm, a brisk 5 mins walk.

Not sure about the south side of sheffield tho, probably next time the route could be Bradfield- Oughtobridge - Halifax road - past owlerton dog track, up St Phillips, past the Childrens hospital up to fulwood, down to millhouses, the back down Abbeydale Road into pass town to the Cliffe again?

How come that when they did not come to Yorkshire very few cared anything at all about the tour.

Now they have come to Sheffield the majority claims it to be the greatest world event.

Coming to Sheffield is a requirement for these people to acknowledge its importance so they can feel a certain sense of egoistic and proud importance.

If that sense is not there they could not care any less.

I went out and watched it, the advertising and many police an cars that come by with their sirens and noises. Then the cyclist came, it was only little different from when I have seen cyclist pass in the countryside before, fun, but all my sundays are always full. of fun