2014 Tour de France will start in Yorkshire and come to Sheffield

DITTO

ITV has just managed to skip out the Wednesday ground.

Thanks for that ITV!! :mad:

well they dont want that ugly site on tv

---------- Post added 07-07-2014 at 01:28 ----------

Apparently someone has been slashed on Jenkins Rd at the TdF Hub. Great welcome for TdF

is this hear say or true as i was up there and it was good natured

---------- Post added 07-07-2014 at 01:33 ----------

Well if you give me some facts and figures then maybe I will stay mute :rolleyes:

give it a rest

is this hear say or true as i was up there and it was good natured

I was up there too, and it was very good natured. We were in a mixed group of Canadians, Germans, an Austrian, and a lass from off the green.

Guess which one nearly got their threepenny bits out ? :hihi:

On a sour note i did hear someone had their bag nicked. :(

one thing how efficent the french crew putting up all the banners and hoardings spoke to someone on jenkin they started early morning and soon as the race finished they whipped the flags and side panels down and very friendly .

---------- Post added 07-07-2014 at 01:40 ----------

I was up there too, and it was very good natured. We were in a mixed group of Canadians, Germans, an Austrian, and a lass from off the green.

Guess which one nearly got their threepenny bits out ? :hihi:

On a sour note i did hear someone had their bag nicked. :(

yeah i was at the top just before the browe of the hill got rowdy about 3pm but all good natured and police evrywhere

---------- Post added 07-07-2014 at 01:41 ----------

I would probably be dead just riding up Jenkin Road, get the coffin ready guys :hihi:

well it broke some of the proffesionals got a worldy of a picture chris froome attacking the hill

Lycra shorts............Ahem !!!!

I don't think they have hems in Lycra shorts Pat ... too much chafing. :P

I don't think I've ever seen so many positive posts in one thread.

Were we caught out?! I certainly didn't expect it to be so big/good.

I don't think I've ever seen so many positive posts in one thread.

Were we caught out?! I certainly didn't expect it to be so big/good.

I don't think we were ash. Great day for Sheffield. Shows the world we can host and support big events. Let's hope there will be more to follow. ;)

I don't think we were ash. Great day for Sheffield. Shows the world we can host and support big events. Let's hope there will be more to follow. ;)

Bold: Well I was! :hihi:Yep, absolutely.

I'm just watching the recording of it, I can't believe how many people were in Bradfield! :shocked:

I think the old horns must have sold a fair few beers! We sent loads and loads of taxis up there tonight.

Wow, how many people in Oughtibridge too! They made pretty easy work of Jaw Bone.

FFS adverts while they went down Halifax Road :(

Edited by *_ash_*

Local primary school children and my self made a yellow wooden bike, for our summer term project- It was located on top of the bus stop. . . . . . . Some one has taken it by mistake, please could this be returned to me.

I will be taking it back to school as this was our term project!

Please can anyone who took it by mistake contact me

note:- (I didn't say scumbag) as I know it was just and opportunist wanting a piece of the Tour de France) , it was a fantastic day and if it wasn't for the great folk of Sheffield, it would have just been a bike race.

Great days are MADE IN SHEFFIELD X

Local primary school children and my self made a yellow wooden bike, for our summer term project- It was located on top of the bus stop. . . . . . . Some one has taken it by mistake, please could this be returned to me.

I will be taking it back to school as this was our term project!

Please can anyone who took it by mistake contact me

note:- (I didn't say scumbag) as I know it was just and opportunist wanting a piece of the Tour de France) , it was a fantastic day and if it wasn't for the great folk of Sheffield, it would have just been a bike race.

Great days are MADE IN SHEFFIELD X

Could it be that the organisers/council have moved it as part of the general tidying up?

"It suits the interests of Christian Prudhomme, the Tour director, to wax lyrical about the Tour, but he was not lying when he described the past weekend as the “grandest of grand départs”. He said: “It was unbelievable, unbelievable. “It will stay as the grandest Grand Départ ever.

“Yesterday I was very, very impressed, I was delighted. But today, it was unbelievable, incredible, amazing, astonishing.”

From http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/cycling/tour-de-france/10949865/Tour-de-France-2014-Vincenzo-Nibali-wins-second-stage-after-launching-late-attack-in-Sheffield.html

There's talk of having an annual Sheffield cycle race.

I'm not sure this is necessarily a good idea. I think what made yesterday so special for so many was because of it's one off nature.

It was the volume and friendliness of the people who turned up to watch this event that made it so special, but would the same effort be made if there was an annual event?

I went along because for me it was a once in a lifetime opportunity to watch such an event, I'm not sure I'd make the same effort for a 'lesser' event. It's not every day that I'll see Grenoside rammed with thousands of people with two helicopters hovering about 20 feet above Jawbone Hill....It was surreal.

I'd also like to praise the friendliness of the police. They really entered into the spirit of things, with big smiles on their faces and high fiving those stood on the side of the road as they rode past.

Regards

Doom