2014 Tour de France will start in Yorkshire and come to Sheffield

it wont affect most ppl what the economy boost is.all cyclists should been made to ride in a park

Considering it will boost the economy by £100m+ over the three days then thats a significant boost.

Shops ,hotels,cafes, pubs will all benefit. They all employ people. Fortunately you had nothing to do with the event.

“I’m gutted about the crash today,” he said in a statement. “It was my fault. I’ll personally apologise to Simon Gerrans as soon as I get the chance. In reality, I tried to find a gap that wasn’t really there."

Mark Cavendish.

it wont affect most ppl what the economy boost is.all cyclists should been made to ride in a park

See, businesses see opportunities and increase sales. This in turn increases profits. The business then recruits more employees. Everyone becomes richer, more tax is generated and more services paid for.

It's not rocket science.

Guest makapaka
My thoughts exactly!

I think it's brilliant that it's going through these areas. It's part of what makes up our city. Why create a lie that all our city is like the tree lined streets of ranmoor etc. Plus it gives areas of the city that very rarely get any positive press some positive air time.

I live in the west of the city now but was brought up on Jenkin avenue and nothing like this ever happened round there when I was a lad, I'm taking my daughter to Jenkin road tomorrow and can't wait to see an international event there.

have to say after watching the coverage today I'm absolutely buzzing for tomorrow. It should be absolutely superb.

have to say after watching the coverage today I'm absolutely buzzing for tomorrow. It should be absolutely superb.

I hope we match the crowds, they were phenomenal and well behaved. Fingers crossed about the weather. take a brolly.

So you haven't seen any of the hundreds of thousands of visitors who are paying public transport costs, paying for hotels or camp sites or paying for food in local shops, pubs and restaurants then?

We're walking up to Kirk Edge Road tomorrow with plenty of provisions and rough weather clobber just in case. I think it will be absolutely superb.

So you haven't seen any of the hundreds of thousands of visitors who are paying public transport costs, paying for hotels or camp sites or paying for food in local shops, pubs and restaurants then?

Or the myriad of bike related products. I've bought shed loads of Le Tour related beers recently. Chris Beech is doing cycle related sausages. In town today everything was cycle related.

It's just brilliant. It's as though someone gave Yorkshire £12million as a gift but some people still moan that a) it wasn't £13million or b) my roads been shut for an hour

Help. I live in Crookes and I have no idea where to go to watch it. Any tips?

help. I live in crookes and i have no idea where to go to watch it. Any tips?

tv .