2014 Tour de France will start in Yorkshire and come to Sheffield

How can you feel sorry for someone because they're excited at a major sporting event coming to the city.

He didn't say that it's what he needs to get excited, he just said that he was excited. Stop being so negative and trying to put people down.

Building up an emotional high dependant on a public event will always be attached to an equal emotional low deep within your unconsciousness.

Nothing wrong in enjoying the tour but when you are emotionally dependant on it to get a high you are entering the world of opposites and there will be an equal low attached to it.

I will enjoy the tour but don't think it is a once in a lifetime superthing needed to get some orgasmic emotional high that is artificially induced with your imagination.

Why will it? Who says that it will?

And who said that he was dependant on it?

Its got nothing to do with giving an opportunity for thousands to have a good time and a day out then? How about the local tourism opportunity and the extra millions that will generate?

Perhaps they have done it just to annoy you?

To celebrate this once in a lifetime event I've penned a little ditty,

It's coming to sheffield

The tour de France

To cheer us all up

Our lives to enhance

I'm so excited

I want to dance

But wait a minute who's paying for all this

Why the people of sheffield,.............your taking the <REMOVED>

Smile be happy while they block off your roads

Camping or caravanning you'll be paying loads

But wait a minute the legacy of this I may like

It could mean more people to knock off their bike!:hihi::help:

Edited by nikki-red

I have written a Haiku:

Bikes go very fast

People enjoying themselves

Tommo has a fit

I have written a Haiku:

Bikes go very fast

Tommo has a fit

:D:D:D Love it!! :D:D:D

I have written a Haiku:

Bikes go very fast

Tommo has a fit

But bikes don't go very fast. I watched a bunch (peleton) of them a few days ago riding along in Derbyshire. It was about as exciting as watching a chess match.

Perhaps folk have got it mixed up with motorbikes. They are the ones that go past in the Isle of Man at 200mph. They make a fantastic noise. They overtake one another. They crash. They make your pulse race.

Cycling is where a few dozen folk pedal bikes up Jenkin Hill at 5 mph. The kids come down there 10 times as fast on skate boards. It may well be a once in a lifetimes experience, but so is having a vasectomy.

I don't see anything wrong with people getting out of their usual routine and looking forward to being involved in something different.

I'm quite excited with regards to this event and I'm not into the TdF. I'm looking forward to having a nice walk from High Green to Grenoside on sunday morning and then mingling with the crowds enjoying a 'different' day out.

Major sporting events and good beer festivals excite me......If I can combine the two, even better. :hihi:

Regards

Doom

Normal routine says it all, the only one I have to have is work, the rest is up to me. If you want to waste your life away that's your choice. If you really want to do something even if it looks hard to achieve you can find a way.

Or you can be miserable and negative towards an event that is going to be watched by many countries in the world. Then you will be complaining that there are no companies investing in Sheffield. No wonder is it? Why would you site a business near a negative workforce in a city that carnt be bothered.

At least the Villages and small towns have taken it to heart and made a big effort to welcome the Tour and its visitors.

But bikes don't go very fast. I watched a bunch (peleton) of them a few days ago riding along in Derbyshire. It was about as exciting as watching a chess match.

Perhaps folk have got it mixed up with motorbikes. They are the ones that go past in the Isle of Man at 200mph. They make a fantastic noise. They overtake one another. They crash. They make your pulse race.

Cycling is where a few dozen folk pedal bikes up Jenkin Hill at 5 mph. The kids come down there 10 times as fast on skate boards. It may well be a once in a lifetimes experience, but so is having a vasectomy.

Sheffield stage is the last few km, the pace will pick up (well, maybe except for the steep hill near t'end)

Why will it? Who says that it will?

And who said that he was dependant on it?

It is natural. Every extreme has an opposite.

In true freedom one realises everyday is a great lifetime event, not just a tour.

If you think the day with a tour is greater than ever, you are unconsciously creating a lifeline that makes you unconsciously believe every other day is rubbish. Enjoy yourself it is not really my business but I will feel sorry for you as you had a chance to enjoy everyday equally without separating them as lifetime moment with a tour versus lifeless days without one.

Or you can be miserable and negative towards an event that is going to be watched by many countries in the world. Then you will be complaining that there are no companies investing in Sheffield. No wonder is it? Why would you site a business near a negative workforce in a city that carnt be bothered.

At least the Villages and small towns have taken it to heart and made a big effort to welcome the Tour and its visitors.

I'm struggling with the concept of folk in China seeing bikes being ridden through Burngreave on the TV and thinking that's the place for me. Didn't they promise a massive legacy from the Student Games. The only massive legacy for Sheffield that I'm aware of is a pile of rubble where the stadium once stood and a massive overdraught at the bank.

---------- Post added 04-07-2014 at 10:44 ----------

Sheffield stage is the last few km, the pace will pick up (well, maybe except for the steep hill near t'end)

Same day as the British Grand Prix at Silverstone. Which will be more exciting?

Normal routine says it all, the only one I have to have is work, the rest is up to me. If you want to waste your life away that's your choice. If you really want to do something even if it looks hard to achieve you can find a way.

I like routine, but from time to time it's exciting to break that routine and do something different.

I guess if I did something different every day the novelty would soon wear off, whereas doing it once in a while makes it more enjoyable to me.

An event like the TdF is a one off, so I'm going to break my Sunday routine and embrace it.......although I'm struggling to convince Mrs Doom it will be a good day out. :hihi:

Regards

Doom