2014 Tour de France will start in Yorkshire and come to Sheffield

Are there any maps of the route available? Anybody know where I can get one (on paper, not computer.)

Are there any maps of the route available? Anybody know where I can get one (on paper, not computer.)

Giving em away in meadowhall last week,not sure about now.:)

My concern with public transport is the obvious one. It is OK getting on a tram at the terminus at Halfway and travelling to the event. It is totally another expecting to get on a tram home when there are 20,000 folk waiting at the transtop half an hour after the event passes by.

We went to Wembley to watch Muse about a year back. We got back to the tube only to find the road blocked with folk trying to get into the station. It was a total waste of time as was thinking we would wait an hour for the queues to die down by getting a pint in a local boozer.

Think a lot of people at the meadowhall fanfest will just go shopping after and then catch the train/tram when its quietened down.

We got a really good map yesterday from Penistone library produced by Barnsley council and covering the section from around Flouch to Bradfield.I haven't seen anything similar for Sheffield.

I'll be going up somewhere near the start and then nipping back to the Barnsley area to watch them pass again.

This may seem very mundane, but I am looking to take the bus into town. tram to the Arena, and then hope for the best. Can I assume there will be some food and ale available. And perhaps a big screen showing progress, etc. I am getting to old to start walking from Owlerton to a hilly bit.........

Anyone know the points available for the various category hills in this years Tour. The best I've found is 2012 which gives only 1 point for the first rider over the top of a cat4 hill - Jenkin Road.

This may seem very mundane, but I am looking to take the bus into town. tram to the Arena, and then hope for the best. Can I assume there will be some food and ale available. And perhaps a big screen showing progress, etc. I am getting to old to start walking from Owlerton to a hilly bit.........

Why not try to get a "backie" off somebody on a bike?:hihi:

Look North saying tonight that Leeds and York have done a great job welcoming Le Tour but that Sheffield has made a feeble effort. Is this true? Makes Sheffield look bad.

We went out on the bike yesterday to find a good place to watch.Followed the route from Flouch all the way back to Jenkin Road and then lost the route.

All the way the route was decorated with with singns,bunting,yellow bikes,"sculptures"in fields etc.Through Outibridge and Worral it was particularly good.When we got to Sheffield,virtualy nothing.Very poor!

That's very sad, I hope people now start to make some effort, and the council of course.