2014 Tour de France will start in Yorkshire and come to Sheffield

Has anybody decided yet where they intend watching this race?

I think it will probably be the Cow and Calf up Grenoside for me.

The top of Bradfield sounds a good idea, but with road closure I think that will be too much of a task from High Green on a Sunday Morning......I like walking, but not that far.

Regards

Doom

How come we can have the tour de France when the Milk Race got stopped.

It has not stopped it is Called the Tour of Britain , The milk monicar was due to sponsorship .

Where does it go in sheffield now then because it used to come past the bottom of our road on the way to Barnsley

The top of Bradfield sounds a good idea, but with road closure I think that will be too much of a task from High Green on a Sunday Morning......I like walking, but not that far.

Regards

Doom

Jaw Bone Hill very near to finish and you will see the men getting sorted from the boys at this point.

For anyone who may be trying to get around Sheffield on Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th July - the Stocksbridge bypass, Tintwhistle/Woodhead Pass and Broughton Lane and Attercliffe Common to the finish line will close to all traffic on Saturday 5th July.

As an example of the massive entourage that will be in the area - it is expected there will be 500 officials vehicles, 180 advertising caravans including 20 HGV's, 100 press vehicles, 22 buses and 200 vehicles for the teams, 200 guest vehicles and 130 technical trucks parked in the area of the arena.

Thanks

Not related but this reminds me of 2007 floods when we could not cross the don river.

Regards

Doom

We'll be going to watch on Jenkin road with my daughter. We'll cycle there from the other side of town (Gleadless) probably take the scenic route (because she's only young and can't do the hills yet) and hopefully make an afternoon of it in the blazing sunshine that we're going to have all day! Might even take some sarnis!

Does any one know where I can get a yellow jersey to fit our dog .Greyhound size.

Have tried Ted James but they looked at me gone out.

We'll be going to watch on Jenkin road with my daughter. We'll cycle there from the other side of town (Gleadless) probably take the scenic route (because she's only young and can't do the hills yet) and hopefully make an afternoon of it in the blazing sunshine that we're going to have all day! Might even take some sarnis!

I'll be on Jenkin Road too since it is only 40 yards from my house. :hihi:

I'll be on Jenkin Road too since it is only 40 yards from my house. :hihi:

That's hardly making an effort when the whatawaste family are cycling from the other end of Sheffield. :D

If it's a nice day I might walk it from High Green.....Build up a thirst for the Cow and Calf. ;)

Regards

Doom

from inside a bunch sprint for the last 3 KM at last weeks Tour of California. It gives a really good insight on how Cavendish (our best ever cyclist?) plies his trade.

Regards

Doom

I'll be watching them come up Jaw Bone from the grassy bank at the top left as you come up.

jb

from inside a bunch sprint for the last 3 KM at last weeks Tour of California. It gives a really good insight on how Cavendish (our best ever cyclist?) plies his trade.

Best ever?

---------- Post added 22-05-2014 at 13:30 ----------

I'll be watching them come up Jaw Bone from the grassy bank at the top left as you come up.

jb

Camp site down at the cricket club for three days