Beware, sheet ice: Dangerous roads and footpaths (Fri 14 Dec)

Mr Strix has just arrived home, and had to hold onto the fence working his way round to the door. The dog could not stand either :shocked:

The Siberian weather we've had for the last couple of days has frozen the ground, and now the wind has changed direction, there's rain falling and freezing on contact with it. The roads are gritted, but gardens and footpaths are LETHAL right now - there's at least half a centimeter of pure ice covering our garden path

Be careful out there :thumbsup:

Dont go out unless you have to - police adivce

Reports that there is a 5 vehicle RTC at sheffield lane top including a police car, paramedic car and a fire engine.

our Road, grass, and pavements are just sheet ice really really bad, hopefully it will warm up before people start to venture out. was going to the gym but no way am i driving on that!!!

Very icy out there today, I thought it was just wet until I walked down my drive! Had to hold to rear wiper to walk around the back of my car, ended up sliding the car off my drive.

Yes my other half just home from nights and says its very very bad

So everyone if you have to go out be extra careful

It looks like glitter falling from the sky :hihi::hihi:

I just tried to leave my house for work and my entire street is covered in ice, I actually can't get to work at least not without falling several times. Don't know what to do this has never happened!

Same here in Rotherham, a stay at home day people.

I just tried to leave my house for work and my entire street is covered in ice, I actually can't get to work at least not without falling several times. Don't know what to do this has never happened!

Same with me. I've texted my manager to say i'm going to attempt it later (which I will when it comes light).

Just been out to scrape my car,and it's set like concrete on all the windows

I left our house in Dronfield at 5.30 and slid the entire length of the drive straight into my works van which was parked on the road. Even Shetland Road which is usually gritted is sheet black ice.

I've had to dump my van and slid, literally on my a rse back down to our road.

ive just tried to take the dog out no chance she cant even stand up bless her shell have to stop on garden this morning