Can anyone recommend a good garage for MOT's

Can anyone recommend a garage in sheffield for MOT?

A57 Car Testing Centre. Honest, reliable, friendly and they don't rip you off

hemingways for me as they dont want work from cars they only want to work n trucks

we've taken our car to halfords on bradfield rd. on the honda it passed first time, one advisory, a recommendation that next mot it may need shocks. they quoted a price that was high but no pressure, just real advise. in january we took our mondeo and i knew it would fail on emissions. the guys persevered, got it stinking hot and it just scraped through. 1 advisory for a rear wiper. so yeah, im going there next year :-) as a note, a few yrs ago i took the honda to charlie browns, it failed badly on emmisions. even gave me a print out. they quoted some silly figure for a new cat and this that and other but i wasnt convinced. the mrs got it re tested at a garage she knows near her mums in barnsley and it barely registered on the emission meter. turns out (found this out 6 month after by looking at the paperwork) they failed it at 3:00pm on the refusal sheet and the emission print out showed the test was done at 4:30pm. looking back i should have reported them to vosa

Top Tread Tyres near Shoreham Street are very very good - they are fair and will not fail a car just to get work.

It took me a while to find a garage to trust in sheffield as there are so many. I generally go to Andrew Flower associates in walkley, had a few things done there and an MOT and its been reasonable prices and no silly failures. (Compared to the halfords autocentre I went to the year before I'm sure they took the ****).

I've used halfords autocentre in Hillsborough a few times.

The staff are very pleasant and the test is fair, will be going there again :)

Also all tests are half price if you book online.

A57 Car Testing Centre. Honest, reliable, friendly and they don't rip you off

This ^^

I've used these every year for the past few years and don't have a single complaint against them. I used a different one nearer to where I've moved to for a non MOT issue a couple of months back and wished I hadn't.