Phone calls all the time about loans and PPI

I'm sick to the back teeth of phone calls with pestering people wanting to help me with my PPI or my dept that I don't have, where do theses people get my phone number from, money lenders bombarding us with letters emails with same day or log book loans I'm sick of it is it just me they are targeting or does every one get this amount of pestering phone calls surly there must be some laws against these people making your life a misery I'm frighten to pick the phone up encase it is some pre recorded message from some PPI or some company who think they can save me some money they even have my mobile number, I don't have any dept I don't need a loan and don't have PPI so go away.:mad::mad:

I changed my mobile number-its really the only way, they have your number now it has been shared around and sold to dubious companies. Sheffield city council gave my details to some debt collectors after messing up within their records-I believe I have them to thank although of course I might be wrong!

Ps never reply to a text with "stop" as then they know the number is active. Forward it to your network as spam.

Edited by llamatron

Have you thought of call barring. If you are on TalkTalk, its about £4 a month. Don't know what price BT etc is?

I have to admire their cheek for charging to bar nuisance calls! How does it work anyway? I know with mobiles the number changes each time. They buy sim cards especially for this purpose and just get a new one every month or two.

Edited by llamatron

Ditto. And its a nightmare finding out which company gave out your details.

I recently put a car on Autotrader. I used their Telesafe number for one week then switched to my regular number the next. The day after I switched to a regular number I was getting spammed from car sale companies.

I rang them and they claimed that Autotrader hadn't passed on my number and that they hadn't scanned Autotrader for numbers, but wouldn't divulge where they got it from.

I'm sick to the back teeth of phone calls with pestering people wanting to help me with my PPI or my dept that I don't have, where do theses people get my phone number from, money lenders bombarding us with letters emails with same day or log book loans I'm sick of it is it just me they are targeting or does every one get this amount of pestering phone calls surly there must be some laws against these people making your life a misery I'm frighten to pick the phone up encase it is some pre recorded message from some PPI or some company who think they can save me some money they even have my mobile number, I don't have any dept I don't need a loan and don't have PPI so go away.:mad::mad:

There are laws about this but they seem to be enforced rarely. There was a recent case however where two people were fined a massive amount for doing this.

I always wonder how they make any money-I'm afraid we have to blame idiot consumers for this. If they never responded there would be no money in it!

Whether you want a product or not please do not respond to cold callers people.

• 1 month later...

Try asking them for the first line of their address and postcode. Then ask for the third and fifth letters of their password. They usually hang up. Otherwise keep them talking, about holidays, birthdays, what they are wearing ( can be a dodgy one)