Home doppler machines

Has anyone got one of these and would you recommend them? I am thinking of buying one but worried that unless i buy a really expensive one, it may be unreliable which may make me really anxious?

I thought it would be nice to have one so me and my husband can listen to the baby's heartbeat when we like but maybe it might not be a good idea.

Any thoughts or opinons on this would be grateful :)

Personally I would not, I got one, it would never pick up the heartbeat and ended up with me more panicked than anything. I know people who swear by them but not me.

I have one, it does work but its not as loud as the midwifes one so sometimes you hardly hear it, unless you hit the exact right spot

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I had one and loved it, finding Baby at 13 weeks. it was one of the more expensive ones (around £75 on Ebay), similar to the Midwives, and l sold it on Ebay afterwards for £65, so l would personally recommend it :)

I bought one for £20 off eBay, it was definitely worth it, I loved hearing my baby's heartbeat and a couple of times it reassured me when I was worried his movements had decreased. I'd recommend it x

I would say they are a personal choice, they could cause more panic than happiness in my opinion as if you don't find the heartbeat, even in completely innocent circumstances then I know only to well the feeling that arrives with it.

I hired one off Ebay for £10/month. Was brilliant for me. It meant my fella, who didnt attend antenatal appointments could still hear baby and bond. I will wait until 16 week + to hire again x

I bought mine off amazon here I only paid £20 for it though. Its one of the most reassuring things, some days I didnt feel him move (my placenta is at the front) and all I had to do was listen to his heart beat. Made me feel tonnes better. I heard the heartbeat from 14 weeks (although it did take a while to find at first... just dont panic) I still the doppler now at 34 weeks :)

I personally would bother as I would panick like mad if I couldn't find my babys heartbeat!

I hired one from http://www.dopplerhire.co.uk/ for a tenner a month. Works great and they supply the ultrasound gel to use it with at no extra charge. x

Edit- It does take some practice to find the heartbeat, took me 20 mins first time. Can find it in a couple of minutes now!

Edited by sushi