Daily Mail; Generation rent has no stake in society!

The day you are even half as good as me ill give up..... you are a right wing troll who posts on here to make the Left look stupid

Well, that's certainly put me straight hasn't it?

High levels of home ownership are a relatively modern phenomena in the UK, and across most of the continent they are simply unheard of, renting is far more the norm. And they seem to manage just fine without struggling to integrate into communities.

I don't understand the logic behind the initial quote where it says

Their inability to get a foot on the housing ladder also means putting their career ambitions ... plans on hold

How has being able to buy a house ever been a condition for following a career choice/path? Surely it normally goes the other way around, as you follow a career path and your income increases you decide to buy a house.

Maybe when the career choice is to claim benefits that doesn't work though.

We have an economy based on the housing market and consumerism, so everyone wants a return on their investment. Pure greed and nothing else.

Everything I have ever said prooves I am far better than you in every way, as these forums demonstrate. Selfishness and greed is what this government propagates, so get used to it.

Oh dear! :blush:

We have an economy based on the housing market and consumerism, so everyone wants a return on their investment. Pure greed and nothing else.

take it you missed the boat on that one then? :D

when i bought my first house my outgoings where 80% of my income not 25%.

i struggled. i achieved, i felt proud.

25% pah. i

And was your deposit 40%?

And was your deposit 40%?

Why do you need a 40% deposit?

Have you not posted the same general meaningless rant several dozen (hundred) times before?

You can apply this to every subject on SF and those who reply re. Benefits, unemployment, tax evasion, the economy etc.

Chem or the people of Sheffield can discuss any subject they want, as often as they want, unless the moderators say so. Without the people of Sheffield participating or constantly 'ranting' about these same subjects, this forum would not be as successful and may even cease to exist.

---------- Post added 12-12-2012 at 11:07 ----------

Why do you need a 40% deposit?

The banks cannot afford to lose any more of their money, unless they are convinced you are a good bet.

http://www.independent.co.uk/money/spend-save/money-insider-mortgage-rates-tumbling-for-those-with-40-or-more-deposit-8006001.html

---------- Post added 12-12-2012 at 11:08 ----------

Edited by poppet2

[quote=poppet2;9406707

The banks cannot afford to lose any more money of their money, unless they are convinced you are a good bet.

http://www.independent.co.uk/money/spend-save/money-insider-mortgage-rates-tumbling-for-those-with-40-or-more-deposit-8006001.html

---------- Post added 12-12-2012 at 11:08 ----------

95% mortgages available for new buyers at Nat west

http://www.which4u.co.uk/mortgages/95-ltv-mortgage

It's a shame there isn't more of an alternative out there. It's either home ownership (now beyond the reach of many), private rented (insecure, profit driven) or local authority/housing association (short supply, in danger of becoming the last-ditch refuge for "problem" families).

There was a Grand Designs revisited episode on the other night. A group of people clubbed together to build their own community, on land I think rented to them by the local authority at a low rate. They had to dedicate a certain number of hours a week to build their houses and all helped out on each other's projects. 12 years or so later, they're all still there. Their kids have grown up together, the tennants were able to get out of the rat-race and do lower-paid, community orientated jobs. They love the "village" they have built and take a great deal of pride in maintaining it.

It's not for everyone, but I can see the appeal, and it's got to be better than deciding to drop out and squat someone else's property.

95% mortgages available for new buyers at Nat west

http://www.which4u.co.uk/mortgages/95-ltv-mortgage

Just because a mortgage is available, does not mean you will get it.

A wonderful publicity ploy.

Also, banks have quota's as to how many people they can allow to have a mortgage under schemes such as this.

In these troubled times despite this publicity, other factors such as annual pay, deposit, security of work etc. are also taken into consideration.

Do not be fooled into thinking that the good old days have returned.