The Iphone app that photographs phone theives.

Yeah but now people know about it....

It still wouldn't make a blind bit of difference. Thieves have a mentality and mostly they don't take things like technicalities into consideration. At the time it's all about them.

Some not only commit crimes but also report themselves to the police.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1092860

you clearly don't have an iPhone 5 that's why you clearly don't know how much its worth!

You said "worth" as in value, to me that's it's worth.

you clearly don't have an iPhone 5 that's why you clearly don't know how much its worth!

You may well have paid £500, but if it's stolen I doubt very much the thief would get more than £100 for it

For those that do have an iPhone and if its lost or stolen this is a great way to find out who is the victim if it was me, I would want to know who stole or has my phone after all it is worth £500!!

although i dont believe their is a jailbreak available for the iphone 5 yet, but could be wrong !!

It's quite funny. People are raving about this app yet there's already an app on the market thats been doing this for over 2 years and it's not just restricted to iOS, it's multi-platform including Android, Windows and OSX.

It's called Prey. (Preyproject.com)

Oh and it's free.

Oh and as for an iphone 5's worth.

It costs around £112 to buy the component parts, assemble it, put it in a shiny box and ship it to the UK, where a mug like you buys it for £500.

You said "worth" as in value, to me that's it's worth.

Yes, but in your own words, you're insular and ignorant of the wider world.

It's quite funny. People are raving about this app yet there's already an app on the market thats been doing this for over 2 years and it's not just restricted to iOS, it's multi-platform including Android, Windows and OSX.

It's called Prey. (Preyproject.com)

Oh and it's free.

Oh and as for an iphone 5's worth.

It costs around £112 to buy the component parts, assemble it, put it in a shiny box and ship it to the UK, where a mug like you buys it for £500.

Is that including R&D, machine tooling and factory setup costs too?

Yes, but in your own words, you're insular and ignorant of the wider world.

Something that takes nothing away from my statement. You apparently don't know the difference between worth and a retail price. :roll:

£123 for the components alone. Quite easy to find on Google.

Any good businessman will tell you that you don't set a selling price based on cost, rather on what the market will bear. There's clearly a market for £500 iPhones.

Bit pointless really, just stick your thumb over the camera.

Or just wear a balaclava whenever you turn it on.

Something that takes nothing away from my statement.

Your statement is a nonsense because the value of "worth" you place on the item is lower than the cost of production!

You apparently don't know the difference between worth and a retail price. :roll:

Now you're just being silly.

Edited by Magilla