Anyone From Wincobank?

Haha nice one :)

---------- Post added 25-12-2012 at 15:29 ----------

Right Mrs knowitall, think what you like :roll:

I tend too....... Not fond of being mind bent lol. :thumbsup:

I tend too....... Not fond of being mind bent lol. :thumbsup:
look at u go owd bird ;)

I lived at 1/1thats 1 court one barrow road right at the bottom of barrow road up the entry by the urinal, opposite the engineers pub, side of main railway line, loved my life there we had nowt but were as happy as larry ,we were all poor I suppose ,but like I said happy .left when they pulled downthe houses, moved to gleedless valley along with lots of neighbours was beautifull there then, look at it now

Of course there is, but some won't own up to it and the others have to travel so far to find a decent pub that only a few are visible in daylight the rest are transported in from afar by late night transport !:hihi:

yer I'm from wincobank I lived on Blackburn rd oppsite the old raiway station just up the road from the railway pub. unless your talking about the wincobank at the top of the hill before you drop down jenkin road

yer I'm from wincobank I lived on Blackburn rd oppsite the old raiway station just up the road from the railway pub. unless your talking about the wincobank at the top of the hill before you drop down jenkin road

sorry cookingfat ,but I always knew where you lived as Blackburn not wincobank.how did your adressread? mine was wicobank Sheffield 9.

My Dad's address was 11 Court 43 Newman Rd. He went to Wincobank School and used to tell me that he got into trouble climbing on the school roof to ring the school bell. He went to the Wincobank picture house a lot. Before he died he had an allotment which was just behind Wincobank & Blackburn Club. As a kid I used to spend hours playing on The Rigs - in fact we used to call it the Roman Rigs. There was always skylarks nesting there in the summer but you could never find their nest. On a Sunday Morning I would go with my Dad to his allotment which was off Vauxhall Rd. At dinner time we would walk down to a little sweet & pop shop on a corner on Newman Rd. and then down the hill to Wincobank Club. We lived on Brightside Lane at that time near English Steel works.

when I was young we lived at pits moor after we left wincobank my dad used to take me up to parkwood springs, like you we used see rather hear the sky larks and we would look for their nests but never found one yet we would see the larks coming down, we used to take our boxer dog up there and one day she was running round and found one nest then ten minutes later she found another unluckily she ate the first nests eggs

My Dad's family came from Wincobank. He was born in 1910 on Robin Hood Rd. just off Newman Rd. He was one of 11 kids and they lived in a back to back house later on in Newman Rd. Their name was Jackson. He was Arthur and he had three brothers called Vivien, George and Harry. His sisters names were Lily, Minnie, Bessie, Ivy, Elsie, Winnie, Ada and Dorothy (Dolly). My Dad was a member of Wincobank & BLackburn WMC for many years and I joined there when I was 18. He also had two allotments which at the back of Newman Rd.

Ibet your dad knew my mumand all her sisters and one brother their nme was hodkin . my aunts were lilly,annie,nelly,my mum mary,alice,hannah,elsie Florence,and my uncle bert. most lived on barrow rd mum and dad George palmer,me doug andmaureen my older sister ,lived in bottom yard,gramses aunt Nellie uncle bill son billie andour lovely elsie, lived in third yard up asdid our flo and jack and cousin mike. aunt annie uncle George,cousins georgie and annie nxt to pub bottom of newman.

---------- Post added 21-07-2014 at 16:20 ----------

any body go to Saturday night dances in church hall where ingles jim is now? great nights , watch 6 5 special any one remember that? then get ready n go to dance. learned all the dances,fox trot waltz quick step bopping,great times. brendans sisterinlaw jean used to go ,Karen moverly whos dad ha d sweet shop further up newman rd. so many storys of people and things I remember.

---------- Post added 21-07-2014 at 16:21 ----------

My Dad's family came from Wincobank. He was born in 1910 on Robin Hood Rd. just off Newman Rd. He was one of 11 kids and they lived in a back to back house later on in Newman Rd. Their name was Jackson. He was Arthur and he had three brothers called Vivien, George and Harry. His sisters names were Lily, Minnie, Bessie, Ivy, Elsie, Winnie, Ada and Dorothy (Dolly). My Dad was a member of Wincobank & BLackburn WMC for many years and I joined there when I was 18. He also had two allotments which at the back of Newman Rd.

Ibet your dad knew my mumand all her sisters and one brother their nme was hodkin . my aunts were lilly,annie,nelly,my mum mary,alice,hannah,elsie Florence,and my uncle bert. most lived on barrow rd mum and dad George palmer,me doug andmaureen my older sister ,lived in bottom yard,gramses aunt Nellie uncle bill son billie andour lovely elsie, lived in third yard up asdid our flo and jack and cousin mike. aunt annie uncle George,cousins georgie and annie nxt to pub bottom of newman.

I am from wincobank i lived there from 1972-1997 and my parents still live there and have no problems whatsoever.

Lived on Wincobank Ave for 47 years

Lived at 30 clematis rd years ago next door to Steve and Mary x

Lived on Wincobank Ave for 47 years

u must know Bennets then? Glen kenny and mark:thumbsup:

Moved from America. Of all the places, I looked for a house including crookes and other posh areas, I found Wincobank to be an island of peace and tranquility. Its a great place to live and commute. Most importantly good value for the money.