Internet shopping vs "actual" shopping

I do not like shopping at all. I find internet shopping more better and you can find a bargain and also buy unique gifts that you do not see in the shops.

I even bought all my xmas cards online to from a card making sites for the family, has i normally buy from a shop. And because cards only go into the bin in the new year and it is waste, i have made one card each for my brother and sisters, and one each for my nieces and nephews.

Normally i have to buy more with having kids myself. so on the front of each card it says

To a brother and sister in-law (or) sister and brother in-law and auntie and uncle.then for the kids i got one each for them that say's

to a nephew or niece and cousin,plus their names on the front and you get to pur you'r own message inside and sign each card from us all.

You can not buy them from a shop.This way it is not only saving waste,but it saved me from buying 18 cards each that i normally buy, to only 9 cards each this year.

One day, a courier will suss that a unit somewhere like drakehouse will be more efficient and effective for them than doorstep delivery. You'd be able to nominate their address for your online order, and pick up after work or at the weekend, or any other time that suits

What do you base that on?

Given that RM are doing their very best to close collection offices at depot I would summise that it's not efficient, effective or the most important one (to the company at least) profitable.

OT:

I've done a mix of both. Couple of gifts I've bought have come from the states as they are either unavailable in the UK or at a price were purchasing the item from the states and paying the extra postage/fees is STILL cheaper than buying on home soil.

Edited by Resident

Thank's PuressenceUK. I will email him about Sainsburys. I don,t know which two he tried so I don't know if it was free delivery or a minimum spend amount.

Agree with many of these comments. People probably prefer browsing the shops, but if you are after a few certain items, you will more than likely buy online as it will probably be cheaper. People don't mind waiting for items as the process is much simpler to sit in front of a screen whilst browsing different shops, rather than walking round.

Plus a lot of online retailers now give you the option to get an item delivered to your local shop, thus not having to worry if you aren't in the receive it.

It seems they have thought of everything.