Anyone else 'won' a holiday after doing a questionnaire on Fargate?

No, Beirut, last time I checked, was a Warzone, even worse than that estate in S2 that nobody likes.

Now rich there no need to go that far s14 much worse than that where i live it is beriut:confused:

Hi Owdlad

I agree about the underhand way in which timeshares are sold, but Sunterra were certainy offering free flights and accommodation a few weeks ago.

The catch was that you had to be free to go at very short notice. If you wanted to choose a time, then you had the choice of free flights or accommodation but not both.

As you say, their product is a good one, but won't suit everyone. My advice to anyone considering timeshare is to think very carefully, and talk to other customers. I'd be very happy to talk to anyone about the Sunterra product, and to be honest about whether I thought it suited them or not.

Cheers

Chris

I got a letter last week saying I had won a holiday to florida and this came from some company called club la costa ( uk ) in london it also goes on to say that I will get seven nights luxury accommodation for up to 4 people along with 4 return flights, it also goes on to say that I will recieve some bonus gifts like free vouchers worth £75 redeemable at argos,mark and spencers, john lewis, debenhams and selfridges and that i should be at their leeds office for 19:00 next friday night to claim it also this hoilday is valid for 18 months, then i got a phone call from them on thursday asking if I would be going to leeds on the friday to pick it up, my reply was know I dont think so as I will be busy with my new bride who as just had her 65th birthday they put the phone down on me. nothing is free in this world you have to pay for everything holidays included

Hi Owdlad

I agree about the underhand way in which timeshares are sold, but Sunterra were certainy offering free flights and accommodation a few weeks ago.

The catch was that you had to be free to go at very short notice. If you wanted to choose a time, then you had the choice of free flights or accommodation but not both.

As you say, their product is a good one, but won't suit everyone. My advice to anyone considering timeshare is to think very carefully, and talk to other customers. I'd be very happy to talk to anyone about the Sunterra product, and to be honest about whether I thought it suited them or not.

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris

Read some of the goings on that are surrounding the directors at Sunterra, and you will realise what a sordid lot they are. One of their ex-employees, a man called Ian Podesta has been exposing the lies that surround Sunterra, and it's looking as if Club La Costa will be the new owners of Sunterra in the not too distant future. Try doing a google on Sunterra, Benson, Podesta, and see what comes up.

Sunterra have only recently paid to the Spanish Gov't over 2 Million euro's in back taxes, plus another 900,000 euros in fines for late payments. The whistle blower in that case was a guy called Bernie Dobson who was a director of Sunterra that Nick Benson the CEO of Sunterra got rid of.

Read more about the whole sordid goings on at Sunterra on http://www.timesharetalk.co.uk/forum/default.asp?CAT_ID=11 Also if you have any questions relating to any other timeshare related problems, or where to buy timeshares you will find the answers on there, and honest answers, not just waffle from company reps.

Cheers

owdlad.

Hi again

I suppose all I was trying to say is that I've been a member for 12 years, had some great holidays in some ace places and think I've had vaule for money. As just an ordinary member, all of the dirt has just passed me by - I didn't even know about it. Maybe it shouldn't have done, but it hasn't affected me at all. I wasn't even subjected to a hard sell when I joined - I was the one who decided I wanted to buy in, and I approached them! How times must have changed :-)

Chris

Oh my... don't get roped into this!

Do they still take you to an office next to Virgin Megastore?

Hi Owdlad, how are you?

Do you mind posting this info on the Tenerife forum or do you mind if I do 'cos I don't think any of the members have heard about this.

Hi Owdlad, how are you?

Do you mind posting this info on the Tenerife forum or do you mind if I do 'cos I don't think any of the members have heard about this.

Hi sparkle, I have no objections to you posting it on the Tenerife Forum, in fact I think it's a brilliant idea.

Thanks Owdlad, I'm coming back over to England soon so I hope the weather is ok. When are you back over to visit Tenerife? :)

Thanks Owdlad, I'm coming back over to England soon so I hope the weather is ok. When are you back over to visit Tenerife? :)

Hi Sparkle, it's freezing and hissing it down with rain here at present :mad: but it wont bother me soon as I am joining you at the end of June for a couple of weeks.:D

Hi again

I suppose all I was trying to say is that I've been a member for 12 years, had some great holidays in some ace places and think I've had vaule for money. As just an ordinary member, all of the dirt has just passed me by - I didn't even know about it. Maybe it shouldn't have done, but it hasn't affected me at all. I wasn't even subjected to a hard sell when I joined - I was the one who decided I wanted to buy in, and I approached them! How times must have changed :-)

Chris

Hi Chris, the Sunterra plot thickens, they have now re-appointed Mackinac & Partners, who helped them out of chapter 11 in 2000. This time around they are appointed to run Sunterra Europe. Let's hope this isn't the beginning of the end for Sunterra in Europe.

More news can be seen here http://www.timesharetalk.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2666

Mrs Draggletail was recently asked to fill in a questionaire by someone on Fargate.

So a few days later we have had a phone call - it seems we have won a holiday in either The Canaries, Balearics, Costa del Sol or the Algarve, all paid for and flights included....

All we have to do to claim our documents of travel is to go down to Burton-on-Trent and sit through a two hour 'presentation'

The company (GVC Travel) hope that this will encourage us to book future holidays through them :suspect:

What do you reckon - will it be an afternoon of full on intensive time share sales pitching?

Anyone heard of GVC or been to one of their 'presentations?'

Often you have actually won a holiday........but only for one, and the price for someone to go with you is extortionate.