The postman didn't knock

i was expect a small packet this week, i would have thought the postman would ring the bell to deliver, it as it was i never left the house my oh was in the garage with the light on open door and making a noise and could be seen from the locked gate. what did i find when i went into the porch ... a card saying 'we tried to deliver your item' will leave the door ajar when they next try maybe they will throw it in!

Mine used to get left in the wheelie bin sometimes. Granted it was on the driveway, not out near the pavement, but still, good job it wasnt bin day!

We had this happen last week, a card was left even though two of us were in the house at the time and our doorbell is super-loud.

What is the advantage to the postman in not delivering? I would have thought it's simpler to deliver than fill in all the details on a card.

What is the advantage to the postman in not delivering? I would have thought it's simpler to deliver than fill in all the details on a card.

Cards are lighter to carry round than parcels...

Cards are lighter to carry round than parcels...

This. ^^^

It's a well known ploy to make the job easier.

sometimes they dont have the parcels they just sneak a card through the letterbox so you collect from them

happened to me once, so i chased him up the road in the car, he had my package too

Make friends with your postie, feed them chocolate, definitely a Christmas Tip with a card.

Make friends with your postie, feed them chocolate, definitely a Christmas Tip with a card.

only problem with that is that we get several postmen

Mhm thats a problem. Wonder why you don't have a regular?