Unable to find any kirsch in supermarkets

Can anyone please tell me where I can buy a bottle of kirsch. I am trying to make a black forest gateau and the recipe is using kirsch. I have never used this before so am unsure what it even looks like.

Any info is appreciated.:confused:

Try the Dram Shop on Commonside, I'd be surprised if they didn't sell it.

There was some in LIDL, the last time I was in one of their stores

Try the Dram Shop on Commonside, I'd be surprised if they didn't sell it.

Strangely enough, 'The Dram Shop' don't have Kirsch. I'm wanting to make some seasonal chocolates (as well as a proper Black Forest Gateaux). The proprietor was pretty apologetic about not stocking this ... I ended up buying a bottle of 'Gabriel de Boudier' cassis instead ... pretty horrible as it transpires.

As an emergency measure, I've had to buy 'Cherry Brandy' from Tesco. It's OK, but not the real thing. I'd be very interested to know where you may find a proper bottle of Kirsch. :)

Strangely enough, 'The Dram Shop' don't have Kirsch. I'm wanting to make some seasonal chocolates (as well as a proper Black Forest Gateaux). The proprietor was pretty apologetic about not stocking this ... I ended up buying a bottle of 'Gabriel de Boudier' cassis instead ... pretty horrible as it transpires.

As an emergency measure, I've had to buy 'Cherry Brandy' from Tesco. It's OK, but not the real thing. I'd be very interested to know where you may find a proper bottle of Kirsch. :)

I just gave them a tinkle on the blower and they've got one bottle left in stock according to the lady on the other end.

Can anyone please tell me where I can buy a bottle of kirsch. I am trying to make a black forest gateau and the recipe is using kirsch. I have never used this before so am unsure what it even looks like.

Any info is appreciated.:confused:

It's a clear liquid so it looks just like vodka & it's usually in a clear glass bottle. I haven't needed to buy any for a long time but an off-licence might be a better bet than a supermarket. Ring round a few first to save you a journey.

My mum used to get this from Asda, but she to has had trouble finding it. My sister found bottles of it in Waitrose on Ecclesall road.

Best German word ever - Schwartz walder kirsch torte. Black forest gateaux.

Its usually near the cake stuff not the alcohol. but amazon sell it.

Black Forest Gateau though. When there are so many other fabulous chocolate cakes. :(

---------- Post added 11-12-2012 at 07:03 ----------

according to the world wide web its available in waitrose