Sunny morning on the Don

hi raker, which part of canada are you in? i'm determined to get over there soon to fish the fraser river for them white sturgeon. the guy i fish with in spain for catfish has been and says it's an angling experience not to be forgotten.

stick fishing is another term for the stick float which is attached top and bottom to your line and is designed to run with the current.

Here's the access point to the river at Salmon Pastures.

It's set back as you can see so easily missed if you don't know it.

Crumbs!

I didn't know that entrance existed!!

Years ago I used to climb over the wall and go down the steep embankment here on Stoke street!!

I couldn't do it now as me knees are shot :(

EDIT!!- Darn it- the wife is still logged in :(

Biggsy :)

Edited by kitty katt
Wife still logged in!!

River don i miss you so much..lol.. anyone done any trout fishing on fly or spinner lately?? im so looking forward to june 16

I had a couple out on a small spinner the other week.

First time I've caught anything on one!

Also to say there's quite a few people bait fishing on the river near me. I'd call the EA if I thought they'd do anything about it. Been 3 or 4 on there every day for the past week or so.

I had a couple out on a small spinner the other week.

First time I've caught anything on one!

Also to say there's quite a few people bait fishing on the river near me. I'd call the EA if I thought they'd do anything about it. Been 3 or 4 on there every day for the past week or so.

ive not been or caught anything yet on spinner but will try now.. and id report em mate.. even if they dont do anything then you have done your bit.. what strech is that mate???

i had a couple of hours on saturday spinning on the don where i live. i managed a couple of

trout but it was nice wandering up and down with just one rod and a few bits in my pocket.

ive not been or caught anything yet on spinner but will try now.. and id report em mate.. even if they dont do anything then you have done your bit.. what strech is that mate???

Up at Oughtibridge, either side of the bridge.