When are Amazon and Google going to take some flack

Starbucks are taking most of the heat regarding paying corporation tax or lack of it and some might say rightly so.

When are Amazon and Google going to take some flack, feels like Starbucks are an easier target to have a pop at compared to Amazon and Google.

I usually get most of my christmas presents from Amazon. I have not paid them anything this year (partly due to corporation tax and partly because they don't tell me which delivery company they will use so I may have to drive miles to collect something).

amazon will just get more expensive if they have to pay more tax. I'd rather have extra money in my pocket than in government coffers.

Starbucks are taking most of the heat regarding paying corporation tax or lack of it and some might say rightly so.

When are Amazon and Google going to take some flack, feels like Starbucks are an easier target to have a pop at compared to Amazon and Google.

I think that you're right about Starbucks being an easier target, I think that this is the case because of their presence on the high-street, which means that there is something tangible to protest against.

Awwww poor little Starbucks..

What protesters are doing by ganging up on Starbucks is not illegal. It may be immoral but its not illegal so whats the problem :confused::hihi:

To be fair, I don't think Amazon actually make any money whereas Starbucks manufactured their "losses".

Don't know about Google ... I'll have to Google it.

I think twice now before using Amazon.

Must try and find a search engine that I can use instead of Google.

I think that it sticks what those three companies are doing. That said, they are not alone. My dad worked for a company that was American owned and they used to make the UK subsidiary make a loss. I assume that some of the profits were creamed off to the parent company.

Awwww poor little Starbucks..

What protesters are doing by ganging up on Starbucks is not illegal. It may be immoral but its not illegal so whats the problem :confused::hihi:

I don't think it's a case of Awwww poor Starbucks been picked on, why arnt people ranting on about Amazon and Google. If news reports are to be believed, those 2 multinationals are just as bad as Starbucks.

I think JFKvsNixon has hit the nail on the head, Starbucks seem to be getting the brunt of the stick because it seems like around every corner you're confronted with the Starbucks logo and there's something more physical to protest against compared to Amazon and Google.

These companies have committed no crime........they have simply used legal loopholes to avoid paying tax in this country........and I would do the same in their position It lies with the government to close these loopholes and clamp down heavily on companies involved in tax evasion (which is not the same as tax avoidance). How many of us, given the chance to legally not pay tax would do so.............think about it!

The whole idea of tax is outdated IMO. It was only supposed to be a temporary measure to pay for a war.

The whole idea of tax is outdated IMO. It was only supposed to be a temporary measure to pay for a war.

Have you been reading that book by Ayn Rand again?