Peace Gardens,Sheffield

Weren't there signs stuck into the grass: "Keep Off the Grass?" You were shouted at if you set foot on it.

When i went to school it was a church.

That first photo sure brings back memories. I may be old fashioned but I prefer it to the second one.

My first job in 49 was in an ironmongers shop which was situated around the edge of the Peace Gardens.

Weren't there signs stuck into the grass: "Keep Off the Grass?" You were shouted at if you set foot on it.

Oh yeah - those were the days :rolleyes:!

---------- Post added 08-05-2013 at 16:23 ----------

During the summer its like Skegness sea front with hoards of kids running about in the fountain! I'm sure that was never the intention it be used like that when they were planning it?

I'm positive that it was !

Do you have a problem with kids running around having fun ?

---------- Post added 08-05-2013 at 16:24 ----------

Today it is a haven for street drinkers and the homeless

How long have you been in Anchorage ?:)

---------- Post added 08-05-2013 at 16:26 ----------

That first photo sure brings back memories. I may be old fashioned but I prefer it to the second one.

I'm afraid you are.

You have to move with the times and the current design and usage is for 2013 not 1913.

What a set of miserys!!! Its great on a hot summers day to see the kids having fun running through the water, my Partners Grand Daughter and my Nieces's 3yr old little girl love it.

Most of the drinkers/wino's now frequent the little garden in Barkers Pool or around the run down Fitzallen Square.

I rarely went in the old peace gardens but now we go in and relax with a sandwich/pasty and a cuppa often on a saturday.