Electrician prices..

Hi, I am new to Sheffield. I moved here 3 weeks ago from Durham. Im a domestic electrician.

What I am wanting to do is adjust my prices for jobs, however Im not sure what other electricians charge for jobs such as changing lights, a new socket, outdoor lights, DB upgrade etc etc( I am aware that prices can vary massively).

So Im simply asking I you have had work done recently or are a sparkie yourself ( Hi! :) ) could you tell me what you paid or charged and I could then adjust my prices accordingly and hopefully get my little business going here and enjoy Sheffield life. Many thanks, Nic.

I hope this message doesnt break any of the rules and that it is the right place.

Hi

I just had a large (1 metre diameter) outside light fitted. The job involved fixing a large bracket, wiring the sodium light into the existing wiring, providing and fixing a timer and providing a sodium bulb. The job took about 3 hours and I was charged £75 labour charge (plus £5 for cable, £15 for timer and £8 for bulb), so £25 an hour.

This guy http://dsaelectricalinstallations.co.uk/ probably wasn't the cheapest but he came and reviewed the job on the day I called, he provided me with a detailed quote within hours and was able to complete the job the following day which is why I chose him, that together with the good reviews online.

Hope this helps you to gauge what you could reasonably charge in Sheffield

Hi, I'm after an electrician to upgrade my fuse box. Would you be able to give me a quote for this?

E syst

Hi, I'm after an electrician to upgrade my fuse box. Would you be able to give me a quote for this?

Hi there. The price I charge for a fusebox upgrade is around 250 however there can be additional charges if the mains ( water and gas) needs earthing.

It is always best to have a test done just to be sure the system will take the rcds.

So, there you go, no more than £350 all in, certificates and notifications also.

Hope this is of help. Many thanks. Nic.

Call me and i'll put you onto a fantastic electrician who i use.