Whats frankie n bennys like

Frankie & Bennys - ok for kids parties or undiscerning adults. Starters are better than mains. In the main.

Jeez, I've just looked at some of their prices on the website....their pasta dishes are more expensive than proper Italian restaurants like Vitos.

Ping!

Not the cheapest but food is usually really good, the one on Valley centertainment is generally quieter than the one in Meadowhall during the day.

just takes forever for the food to arrive

Expensive chain restaurant rubbish. Why can't we have a proper American diner like the ones we see on Man v Food and Diners Drive-Ins and Dives?

Expensive chain restaurant rubbish. Why can't we have a proper American diner like the ones we see on Man v Food and Diners Drive-Ins and Dives?

have you been to Swanky franks?

have you been to Swanky franks?

No I've not tried it yet. It hasn't got very good reviews on here and on other sites.

No I've not tried it yet. It hasn't got very good reviews on here and on other sites.

I`m surprised, one of the best places to eat IMO

had some decent breakfasts there mostly, and price was ok. cant speak for mains though as ive only ever been for breakfasts. i like the place/atmosphere.

I`m surprised, one of the best places to eat IMO

Just looked an Tripadvisor and the most recent posts are very good so might have to give it a try.

Frankie & Benny's are good, with good food okay a bit pricey, I don't think the portions are small It's probably as people are used to eating bigger ones. F & B's seem to give right size portions, in relation to what a person should eat, my only gripe is booked twice once online & once on phone.

Turned up both times and no table booked, told them not impressed and they went out of their way to accommodate, but still a bit shabby TBH.

I used to go to F&B's all the time but having four seperate incidents in four different branches has now put me off for life:

1) Meadowhall. Was served main courses about 2 minutes after receiving starters - can't have taken more than a mouthful. Had to therefore finish starters whilst mains cooled on the table, and when i cut into my lasagne it was still frozen in the middle. Not even an apology.

2) Bury the Rock. Ordered a lemonade, and when it came, had bits of dirty napkin in it (like large, rag sized pieces that were black). Again, no apologies.

3) Manchester Airport. Ordered Calzone, still frozen in the middle - full of chicken etc as well. Didn't fancy food poisoning on holiday! Waitress, in her defence, was horrified and brought me a steak ciabatta instead free of charge.

4) Rochdale. Found 2 sticker things in my salad and a bit of tinfoil -however they did let me have it for free and also gave me 2 cocktails for free so this was the only time i felt the situation was rectified properly.

So whilst its 50/50 how they deal with it, the food itself is just no good any more IMHO. Wouldn't go again unless there was nowhere else!