Mardy jobsworth bin men

Have you taken out third party for your bin?Round here an agent signed up the whole avenue to have their bins put out,cleaned and insured against third party injury.

---------- Post added 08-12-2012 at 18:32 ----------

That is a most peculiar route-why not go via Abbey Lane and round the back way?

I can't begin to explain how stupid that would be!

I don't want to contradict your point of view but I seriously doubt they are either overpaid or lazy.

I dont actually care what you think , anyway it's now all ashes, !

I dont actually care what you think , anyway it's now all ashes, !

And I am pretty sure The Binmen share your sentiments!

I can't begin to explain how stupid that would be!

It cant be any more stupid than your current route which coincides with the work of bin men,and involves going from Walkley to Woodseats via Greenhill,and Walkley Bank.

And I am pretty sure The Binmen share your sentiments!

I'm sure you do, shame you don't do a proper job like you used to do for the money you get paid.

It cant be any more stupid than your current route which coincides with the work of bin men,and involves going from Walkley to Woodseats via Greenhill,and Walkley Bank.

Woodseats to Walkley then back to Greenhill whats so difficult to understand:huh:

Woodseats to Walkley then back to Greenhill whats so difficult to understand:huh:

You sound like an an errand boy,or a parent with kids at several schools.Do people work in Greenhill-whenever I have passed through it seems dead.

You sound like an an errand boy,or a parent with kids at several schools.Do people work in Greenhill-whenever I have passed through it seems dead.

Do you suppose I have to justify anything I do to people like you? you are of course wrong in all your assumptions.

I don't understand all the squabbling about how lazy or hard working the binmen are. I read the OP as the neighbour was asking to throw an extra bin bag in himself, not asking the binmen to go out of their way? Seems like a sensible request? Better than dumping it in someone else's bin, or elsewhere, better than storing up rubbish for another fortnight for the next collection, better then creating an unnecessary car journey to the tip.

As for paving the way for all and sundry to follow suit, I don't see many people waiting to pounce when bin waggon comes round, most are in bed or on their way to work. What's the big problem?

Edited by Olive

Do you suppose I have to justify anything I do to people like you? you are of course wrong in all your assumptions.

Its PEOPLE LIKE ME who read your comments.I was asking questions not making any assumptions,which I kept to myself to spare your blushes.

Its PEOPLE LIKE ME who read your comments.I was asking questions not making any assumptions,which I kept to myself to spare your blushes.

Have I missed something here spare my blushes how? Let me reiterate every morning at 07.00 I have to travel from Woodseats to Walkley and then back to Greenhill whichever route I take I get caught up with The Bin lorries despite this being an irritant it doesn't alter the fact that I think they do a hard job one which I wouldn't fancy myself.Why do you think I should be blushing?

Have I missed something here spare my blushes how? Let me reiterate every morning at 07.00 I have to travel from Woodseats to Walkley and then back to Greenhill whichever route I take I get caught up with The Bin lorries despite this being an irritant it doesn't alter the fact that I think they do a hard job one which I wouldn't fancy myself.Why do you think I should be blushing?

They do Walkley Bank on a Wednesday,Walkey Lane on Mondays so detours then would be apposite.No doubt Tuesdays they are in the area,so if you dont mind just come by after a Wednesday.We in Walkley detest rat-runners as they clog our roads.