Mardy jobsworth bin men

But they do have the option of using their noggin ,and chucking the odd extra bag in the wagon. I didnt realize lifting a couple of black bags was such a dangerous pursuit. :roll:

It isn't dangerous at all .... as proven on the occasions when we are told that it is OK to leave extra bags after snow caused them to miss a collection etc.

They pick them up them and throw them in the back.

Sometimes they throw them into an empty bin and use that for tipping .. but YES! They do it when they want to.

Poor management combined with a mardy-bum.

Never had a problem with putting an extra black bag in the bin lorry, i ask often and the bin man chucks it in for me.

Sick of bin men every time they empty my blue paper box there's more paper on the floor.

Next time it happens I will report them for littering I'm fed up of it

A good neighbour will ensure the bin goes out,but in the more affluent suburbs this may a step too far.

Oh solnow you think I should ask my neighbour to breach H & S regulations by taking my bin down the steps, supposing she falls and breaks her ankle, would she sue me or Veolia? :hihi::hihi:

Not bad that £6 a month and times by 40 per day :hihi:

I wouldn't be able to get up and down the ladders with thosew big waterproofs on !

I'd love to find a traditional window cleaner (S2) as would most of my neighbours who live in victorian houses with wooden windows. The powerjet variety who don't go up ladders seem to now dominate.

But they do have the option of using their noggin ,and chucking the odd extra bag in the wagon. I didnt realize lifting a couple of black bags was such a dangerous pursuit. :roll:

Depends whats in the bags-if used syringes it could pose a threat.

If you get stuck behind them on a predictable basis,why not vary your ours of travel or do you drive a bus?

Can't do it I have to drive from Woodseats to Walkley then straight back to Greenhill every morning at 07.00 and whichever way I go I will get stuck behind them at either Woodseats rd,Walkley Bank or Greenhill Ave.

go hunters bar way

I do and get stuck on the rd round the corner from Broadfield or on Cowlishaw Rd

they have become more mardy, they didn't empty my full paper bin last week because some ****hole had put an empty milk bottle on top!!.... loads of bins are left un emptied here because of the same reasons, bags are strewn everywhere because people have no room just sick of it all and could rant on and on in language not allowed on here , but it's pathetic it really is, despite recycling and using the compost bin fortnightly collections just aren't working:( !!....plus I've no sympathy with bin staff as they laughed at me and kept driving off afew months ago when I'd been late putting my bin out and followed them down the street , slipping over as I ran, if they are sacked to save money I'll have a good laugh them they are lazy and overpaid for a start , sack afew and get our weekly collection back!!!

they have become more mardy, they didn't empty my full paper bin last week because some ****hole had put an empty milk bottle on top!!.... loads of bins are left un emptied here because of the same reasons, bags are strewn everywhere because people have no room just sick of it all and could rant on and on in language not allowed on here , but it's pathetic it really is, despite recycling and using the compost bin fortnightly collections just aren't working:( !!....plus I've no sympathy with bin staff as they laughed at me and kept driving off afew months ago when I'd been late putting my bin out and followed them down the street , slipping over as I ran, if they are sacked to save money I'll have a good laugh them they are lazy and overpaid for a start , sack afew and get our weekly collection back!!!

I don't want to contradict your point of view but I seriously doubt they are either overpaid or lazy.

Oh solnow you think I should ask my neighbour to breach H & S regulations by taking my bin down the steps, supposing she falls and breaks her ankle, would she sue me or Veolia? :hihi::hihi:

Have you taken out third party for your bin?Round here an agent signed up the whole avenue to have their bins put out,cleaned and insured against third party injury.

---------- Post added 08-12-2012 at 18:32 ----------

Can't do it I have to drive from Woodseats to Walkley then straight back to Greenhill every morning at 07.00 and whichever way I go I will get stuck behind them at either Woodseats rd,Walkley Bank or Greenhill Ave.

That is a most peculiar route-why not go via Abbey Lane and round the back way?