Mardy jobsworth bin men

I'm surprised. Throughout the whole thread not one person has complained about them being called a binman. I would have expected one idiot insisting that they be called refuse/recycling collection operative. :hihi:

Didn't take all the old timers very long "eeee, happen these bin men don't know they're born". Look, it's not 1492 any more, get over it. Technology and processes change. It's still a difficult job, they work harder in one day than most of us do all week. I for one will be giving my bin men a nice bonus.

Good will to all (bin) men.

They may work harder than YOU, but I for 1 agree with some of the posts on here that the machines do all the work not the bin men , they work around 40 hrs a week and I use the term "work" very loosely .... Some of us work 12 hr night shifts outdoors no matter what the weather for 72 hrs per week .. We can't strike or we don't eat / pay bills and WE don't expect nor receive Xmas tips etc ... In fact we usually work most xmas's and new yr ..... Bin men work hard ? My arse !!!!

////////////////////////

Edited by FACEBOOK

Shall we bring our bins over?Just let us now what day of the week and we will pop over.

I think if you asked them they woudnt mind popping over to your house and emptying your bin.

Or, be thankful that these guys are willing to do such a tough thankless job without making their lives any harder?

Aren't they thanked by being paid?

////////////////////////

Edited by FACEBOOK

You seem to be confused again, about what thread this is and how many trees I'm putting lights on.

Is there a shortage of bin men? I doubt it, so the pay must be good enough to attract people to the job.

////////////////////////

Edited by FACEBOOK

allright dale, steady on. It's not a competition of who works the hardest. Personally, I eat 12 hour night shifts for breakfast. A 12 hour night shift for me is just prep for the days work ahead, that's how hard I work, now get back to your cushty little number and leave the heavy lifting to us real hard workers who do it without whining. I can still appreciate the hard and difficult job that bin men do, because my head isn't stuck up my own bottom. Now redact your comments!

So you hardly ever sleep, what are you - a bat?:D

they have become more mardy, they didn't empty my full paper bin last week because some inconsiderate person had put an empty milk bottle on top!!.... loads of bins are left un emptied here because of the same reasons, bags are strewn everywhere because people have no room everyone's just sick of it all, despite recycling and using the compost bin fortnightly collections just aren't working:( !!....plus I've no sympathy with bin staff as I find them very rude.

////////////////////////

Edited by FACEBOOK

hi coming from a bin man of 5 years, each household has a allowence of one black 240l bin , emptied once every fortnight, we have a strict working rule set by the management not us most bin trucks now carry cctv camaras (not only to watch us but for h&s reasons) and its not worth risking my job for the sake of one bin bag of rubbish, we work 12 hours a day now (due to cut-backs on bin men) in all working conditions, rant over thanks