How long for a change of circumstances on Housing claim

Any Ideas roughly what time it's taking at the min, The call centre will not tell me a thing and repeatedly tell me it will be sorted when it's sorted, and even hung up on me when I refused to go off the phone till a manager had spoken to me.

Before anyone starts I've got a job!!!

Thanks

Get it before there is a ban on in summer :hihi:

Always one :hihi:

No idea why you can't edit titles. Seems daft!

Getting through to housing benefit in the first place is a nightmare! I waited 45 mins last month only to be fobbed off with a load of rubbish!

anyway, when i put a change of cirumstances to them via the internet it took about 2 weeks for it to go through...mine was only a name change though, if you have changed anything to do with wages, household, income ect, expect to wait much longer, they will ask you for proof and such to be taken into your local housing then it takes them a further 2 weeks to look at the proof! all in all...around 3 to 5 weeks and thats if your change is straight forward.

When my partner moved in it was quite quick, couple of weeks, when I started part time work it was about 2 months

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

When my partner moved in it was quite quick, couple of weeks, when I started part time work it was about 2 months

Was either of these recently?

---------- Post added 07-12-2012 at 13:24 ----------

Getting through to housing benefit in the first place is a nightmare! I waited 45 mins last month only to be fobbed off with a load of rubbish!

anyway, when i put a change of cirumstances to them via the internet it took about 2 weeks for it to go through...mine was only a name change though, if you have changed anything to do with wages, household, income ect, expect to wait much longer, they will ask you for proof and such to be taken into your local housing then it takes them a further 2 weeks to look at the proof! all in all...around 3 to 5 weeks and thats if your change is straight forward.

Tell me about it!!!! 45 mins to get through to be told no one can help me with an update on the status. I was also refused access to a manager and told the call was to be terminated after I refused to get off the phone until speaking to a manager!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leah-Lacie

Was either of these recently?

The work one a few months ago, took 2 months and they told me on the phone they had backlog due to job cuts in the office and claims due to job losses almost doubling!

Any Ideas roughly what time it's taking at the min, The call centre will not tell me a thing and repeatedly tell me it will be sorted when it's sorted, and even hung up on me when I refused to go off the phone till a manager had spoken to me.

Before anyone starts I've got a job!!!

Thanks

If your still waiting, best thing to do is make an appointment at howden house.

You can make an appointment 2 week in advance, which is how long the waiting list for an appointment is.

And be warned take every scrap of info you can and if you need to sort both council tax and housing benifit and think it's going to take more that half an hour book an hour long appointment. Because believe me they literally have a timer on you, and you literally get pushed out your seat. :hihi::hihi:

Just work cash in hand fffs

Save yourself hassle, avoid all the red tape and bureaucracy, which saves the taxpayer money but most importantly ensures you are also better off for money! Simples!