£10,000 Reward - Lost German Short Haired Pointer, Barnsley

A friend lost her three year old German Shorthaired Pointer bitch yesterday on a walk near Cawthorne Basin. My friend is absolutely distraught, she spent much of yesterday and last night searching for her but there has been no sign. Could I please ask if folks could keep an eye out for her and spread the word, not just in that area but everywhere in the region as she might have gone further afield. Many thanks.

THERE IS A £10000 REWARD OFFERED FOR HER SAFE RETURN.

Edited by william96
update.

Thanks Irene, she's on Doglost already but wasn't on the Sheffield RSPCA site, but is now :)

And sazzlebrin thanks for the PM - I don't have enough posts to reply by PM!

We actually received a call tonight from someone looking for help to find this dog but its probably not in my area :(

Poor Angel I hope that she is soon found safe and sound, I will look out for a dog like her while I'm out.

This is her link on Doglost with a picture http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog_blog.php?dogId=45978

Thanks Muddy Paws, at least word is getting out and the more people that know about her the more likely she'll be found.

Have you contacted Cliffe Kennels and even try mount pleasant as dependent on if they are full could be there. Also dog wardens in your area

Barnsley dog warden 01226 77 25 40

Sheffield dog warden 0114 203 74 10/411

Doncaster dog warden 01302 73 60 00

Rotherham dog warden 01709 33 60 03

Post all your area - Hope you are reunited very soon

Hi, yes we've tried the kennels but will keep trying in the hope that someone finds her and hands her in.

The reward fund is now in four figures. German shorthaired pointers are a fairly small breed group compared to say, labradors or spaniels, but its heartening to see how everyone is pulling together to get her home. We've got ads going in the shooting and local press, postering and twittering like crazy to get her beautiful face well known. :)

This is the same spot my dog went missing, I know the wagon road and basin well, its where i spent my childhood. My mum lives in Barugh Green so I have given her the details to pass on to friends etc who use the track regularly. I have a list of phone numbers somewhere of almost all the farms and small holdings locally. I will try and find it and pass it on. They can be quite a helpful bunch and some are off the beaten track in places you may not consider looking. You would also be wise contacting Kirklees dog wardens as their boundries are reasonably close to Cawthorne. You can also get well into the Wakefield boundaries if you take the paths at the opposite side of the road to the wagon road, its not a short walk but its do able Especially to and energetic dog on the run. And you can bypass alot of civilisation following footpaths etc etc. It would be worth ringing them too if you haven't done so already

I was alerted to this last night on facebook and have made friends in the area aware.

I hope the van was a coincidence and that Angel is having a smashing time as Taggart did. He was gone for over a week and stunk to high heaven, he had rolled in every pile of pig, cow, sheep and dog muck he passed!

I am not back in Barnsley until Friday but I will make a point of heading down to the furnace and giving her a shout.

As soon as i find the phone numbers I will pass them on, you never know your luck.

I hope she is found quickly and well.

Word must be getting round. My brother lives in Penistone and has just put Angel on his facebook profile, not via me

Starlet83, thank you for the offer - those phone numbers would be very useful.

smudge74, I'm pleased to hear word is getting around.

There are ads going in the local press this week which hopefully will widen the circulation.

we put up a poster at the rain rescue shop today. really really hope you get some news soon.x