Bad stomach pains

I cant believe that so many people are advising the OP - who has had symptoms for months to go to A and E (Accident and Emergency)..........no wonder there are waits of hours and hours there.

Edited by pottedplant
closed brackets

I agree with Pottedplant, you should only go to A&E if you have had an accident or it is an emergency which is sudden onset of say chest pain which could be a heart attack, or there are symptoms of a stroke etc.

The OP has had his pain and discomfort for months and I feel so sorry for him, I know what it is like to be in consant pain. But really you should go back to your GP if there is another doctor in the practice arrange to see them, explain that you are not happy with the diagnosis and treatment that you have had from the previous doctor and see what they say.

Other than that there is the Walk In Center on Broad Lane, the opening hours are 8.00am to 10.00pm.

Whichever option you choose I hope you get the help you need and are feeling well again soon.

Could be Pancreas, that gives those symptoms and is urgent, go to A+E as others say, don't wait.

Pancreas causes continuous pain under the ribs and sickness.

I think you mean pancreatitis don't you? [/url]

No I don't mean pancreatitis.

That doesn't make sense then.

Edited by MrsMozzy

I'm sure many of the posters mean well on here but giving inappropriate advice or guessing "just because my uncle had something similar" does not help in these situations. Advising the patient to go to A+E instead of their doctor shows a complete lack of understanding of what A+E is there for and why we get so busy with patients that require GP referral to the relevant speciality.

I'm sure many of the posters mean well on here but giving inappropriate advice or guessing "just because my uncle had something similar" does not help in these situations. Advising the patient to go to A+E instead of their doctor shows a complete lack of understanding of what A+E is there for and why we get so busy with patients that require GP referral to the relevant speciality.

I see my post about silencing people being one of the most powerful forms of social control has been removed. Ironic.

Go to A+E they won't tell you to go to your GP. My uncle was admitted with these symptoms after being ignored by the GP, and died. Not to worry you!

I'm sure your words have brought nothing but reasurance and comfort.:o:o:o

I'm sure your words have brought nothing but reasurance and comfort.:o:o:o

As have yours. Mine may have saved his life.

Could be Pancreas, that gives those symptoms and is urgent, go to A+E as others say, don't wait.

My pancreas doesn't give me any symptoms.

My pancreas doesn't give me any symptoms.

Good, I'm glad to hear it.

One for the GP and ASAP. I had similar symptoms. After a few investigations the problem turned out to be a nasty case of Oesophagitis. Get it checked before it becomes any more debilitating for you.