Bad stomach pains

i have had really bad stomach pain for a few months now and not lifted at all

i have a past of stomach ulcer's so i went to the quacks and they gave me some tablets which no luck with.

symptoms: bad pains around lower rib cage and painful to touch constant been sick in my mouth struggling to sleep not eating like normal.

it gets worse after eating and when i lie down.

i am thinking it may be an ulcer coming back or has come back

You should get yourself to the A and E. Reason i say it is because the last thing you want is to worry about a ruptured ulcer or anything else that can cause serious problems. If your in that much pain its worth listening to your body.

My dad gets stomach ulcers and he takes milk of magnesia but he never been bad to the extent you are now.

Hope you get things sorted

i have had really bad stomach pain for a few months now and not lifted at all

i have a past of stomach ulcer's so i went to the quacks and they gave me some tablets which no luck with.

symptoms: bad pains around lower rib cage and painful to touch constant been sick in my mouth struggling to sleep not eating like normal.

it gets worse after eating and when i lie down.

i am thinking it may be an ulcer coming back or has come back

Get thi sen up t' ozzi.:thumbsup:

It could be Helicobacter Pylori. Google this name and see if you recognise anything. Whichever though......you need it checking out. You have to go back to your doctors and discuss this with them.

Good luck..............you will be right in the end with the proper treatment.

a friend of ours nearly died (twice) from a ruptured stomach ulcer - he was in his thirties

sort yourself out - now

deffo A+E ASAP (preferably before tomorrow as it's Friday night)

You'll be in endoscopy within 24 hours. Doctors appointment can take ages.

Could be Pancreas, that gives those symptoms and is urgent, go to A+E as others say, don't wait.

Hi Wayne- the most appropriate next step for you is to visit your GP. You have chronic signs and symptoms which are not , at this stage , acute. If you went to A+E you would only be referred back to your GP for further testing.

As a previous post mentioned - it is likely you may have H pylori which is an extremely common bacteria found in the stomach which slowly erodes the lining eventually causing ulcers. Non invasive testing at the surgery followed by antobiotic therapy if found should clear it up.

Reduce alcohol intake , spicy foods and smoking as this aggravates it. Wear loose fitting belts as you may have "reflux" which can leave a bitter taste in your mouth.

Go to A+E they won't tell you to go to your GP. My uncle was admitted with these symptoms after being ignored by the GP, and died. Not to worry you!

I'll have a guess at gallstones. Now get yourself to hospital and don't forget to update us all later. Good luck :)

Gallstones doesn't make you sick and the pain is not constant, its periodic and severe, you would take yourself to A and E if it was an attack of Gallstone pain. Pancreas causes continuous pain under the ribs and sickness.

Gallstones doesn't make you sick and the pain is not constant, its periodic and severe, you would take yourself to A and E if it was an attack of Gallstone pain. Pancreas causes continuous pain under the ribs and sickness.

I think you mean pancreatitis don't you? http://http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Pancreatitis/Pages/Introduction.aspx