Will You Donate Presents To People On Benefits This Xmas?

I would donate to children who are ill in hospital. Some people who are on benefits say they can't afford presents for their children but often smoke and drink. If they didn't they could afford presents.

So, would you donate to people on benefits who do not smoke and drink?

So, would you donate to people on benefits who do not smoke and drink?

Probably not but donating to "ill" people somehow makes people feel all warm and cosy. They can also stand on a very lofty box too while ranting about fags n beer..

A little empathy towards those that are less fortunate than you across the board is all it takes. It really is no more simple than that.

Probably not but donating to "ill" people somehow makes people feel all warm and cosy. They can also stand on a very lofty box too while ranting about fags n beer..

A little empathy towards those that are less fortunate than you across the board is all it takes. It really is no more simple than that.

Absolutely right.

I will be making my usual xmas contribition on top of my monthly donation to the Matènwa Community Center School in Haiti. They teach in Haitian Creole instead of the goverment ordained French that only 5% of the population speak.

Last year, another forum that I am a member of raised $115,000 for them. That buys a lot of stuff in Haiti.

This year's thread is here if you want to read it.

Or you can just donate here You can use the dropdown button to make sure that Matènwa gets your donation.The kids will absolutely love you for it.

Edited by a wasp

CamLie was born in to millions - Next!! :)

Not much he can do about that.

Morally inheriting wealth is surely less odious than how the war criminal Bliar got his filthy lucre.

Simple answer, not a chance..... I was on JSA for the previous 2 years, and, well, no one ever helped me!

I will be making my usual xmas contribition on top of my monthly donation to the Matènwa Community Center School in Haiti. They teach in Haitian Creole instead of the goverment ordained French that only 5% of the population speak.

Last year, another forum that I am a member of raised $115,000 for them. That buys a lot of stuff in Haiti.

This year's thread is here if you want to read it.

Or you can just donate here You can use the dropdown button to make sure that Matènwa gets your donation.The kids will absolutely love you for it.

All well and good but there are plenty of local charities that need the money as well. Shouldn't we be helping closer to home first before extending our palms to distant countries?

Simple answer, not a chance..... I was on JSA for the previous 2 years, and, well, no one ever helped me!

You only needed to ask! :(

You only needed to ask! :(

I've bought that bottle of Kirsch by the way.

I've bought that bottle of Kirsch by the way.

Nice one!! Have you had a tiny wee taste? All the poors problems would drift away for a few days if we all contributed and bought each family five bottles each. Might be a fair few chip pan fires but that will keep the fire brigade fit this Crimbo.

I will be giving presents to some people who aren't yet old enough to claim benefits for themselves (their mummies get them on their behalf).

I will be giving presents to some people who aren't yet old enough to claim benefits for themselves (their mummies get them on their behalf).

If you can save a Furby back for me I will buy you a big allotment :partyhat: