Parking wardens

;)

and here he is parking on a yellow line,so close to the truth!!

So I was working other night in Sheffield. I see the parking police out and about giving tickets to drivers who are Illegally parked in taxi ranks after 8pm. But when i confront them and ask them the question. If they are handing tickets out to the cars and drivers why are they not passing a ticket to their own vehicle.

To my surprise I was told to go away as it's their job. So they started taking pictures of the alleged offence. So I took a picture of the van they were in and the warden issuing the ticket. (I should say there van was parked in the very area they were issuing tickets about. parked for 38 mins in a contravening manner) "I will get the police to you" my answer em yea please do.

The council seem to make up their own rules. 10pm at night and they must have given out at least 30 tickets. Yet when taxis are parked all over Sheffield blocking people getting in and out or parked on double yellow lines all day outside the forum they get away with no tickets. Sheffield certainly have double standards.

You were parked illegally, pay the fine and stop whinging on here.

I am going to agree with penistone999 (i know, never thought it) but they talk to their friends in the police, look out for that car, it looks like this:

cars can also have markers put on them, I think you would be surprised how often your number plate is checked by the police without you realising it

Nope, you are still talking out of your arse.

Markers are for vehicles that are known for carrying certain items/ people.

These markers have to go through certain departments and be approved.

Not that simple is it Garbo?

Officers barely have time to tackle their own workload, never mind someone else's petty vendetta.

If you wonder where the information comes from try the UK police forum instead of making things up as you go along.

Nope, you are still talking out of your arse.

Markers are for vehicles that are known for carrying certain items/ people.

These markers have to go through certain departments and be approved.

Not that simple is it Garbo?

Officers barely have time to tackle their own workload, never mind someone else's petty vendetta.

If you wonder where the information comes from try the UK police forum instead of making things up as you go along.

speaking from experience here, they have plenty of time to follow petty vendettas, section 59 notices issued without proper cause etc

You were parked illegally, pay the fine and stop whinging on here.

Obviously you haven't read the initial post? so take your illicit remark and crawl back under your keyboard.

I wasn't parked illegally. I was working and had noticed people being ticketed. So before making wise cracks you should read the posts correct. amateur

I agree with bigmofaeglas , lead by example !! the parking wardens ticketed my van in hillsborough 2 weeks ago and stuck the ticket over my business permit so it didn't show in the picture , was furious when the council still refused to drop the PCN ,

Can I just add that anyone getting a ticket should visit and join PePiPoo for advice, even if you think you are bang to rights.

Might be worth going back and checking the place you were ticketed in...

Were the street signs correctly displayed - not defaced etc?

Are the street markings correct?

When the highly paid council decided in their wisdom to put in the parking restrictions (sorry permit scheme) in Broomhill, they marked several of the parking areas with markings than had no legal standing, and yet they tried to fine people who parked there.

When the highly paid council decided in their wisdom to put in the parking restrictions (sorry permit scheme) in Broomhill, they marked several of the parking areas with markings than had no legal standing, and yet they tried to fine people who parked there.

thats what im on about, half the box junctions in london are, for example, unenforcable.

Highly paid council? Would you like to provide some evidence for this contention?

Perhaps you have some comparisons of same/similar jobs in private sector for council officers who work on permit parking schemes that you would like to share with us?

---------- Post added 15-12-2012 at 11:40 ----------

I agree with bigmofaeglas , lead by example !! the parking wardens ticketed my van in hillsborough 2 weeks ago and stuck the ticket over my business permit so it didn't show in the picture , was furious when the council still refused to drop the PCN ,

If what you say is true, presumably you will now be taking this to the appeals tribunal?

speaking from experience here, they have plenty of time to follow petty vendettas, section 59 notices issued without proper cause etc

I'd agree with that. When urbexing became mainstream they tried to discourage it by no longer ticking off anyone they caught, but started arresting people on terrorism charges, vagrancy, being found in an enclosed space, burglary to name but a few.

If you think parking wardens are over-zealous in Sheffield try Brighton and Hove ... they make the Gestapo look like a load of softies! Hunting for a slight mistake and hiding round corners waiting for somebody who is 30 seconds over time.