Britains Mega-Mosque

"beautiful" ????!! hardly! they usually look like a blot on the landscape, take wolsey road mosque, you couldnt get a more out of character building, god or allah knows how they got planning for that carbuncle!!!:roll::roll: at least if a holy building is to be constructed make it look like it fits in:rolleyes:

The mosque is far, far nicer than the church on Ecclesall Road, just opposite the park and tennis club. Go on street view and have a look if you haven't seen it. Looks like a fortress.

I personally like the mosque. I see it every morning when I drive to work, and think it's a lovely building.

The mosque is far, far nicer than the church on Ecclesall Road, just opposite the park and tennis club. Go on street view and have a look if you haven't seen it. Looks like a fortress.

I personally like the mosque. I see it every morning when I drive to work, and think it's a lovely building.

It's not a church. It's a buddhist temple, i think. Maybe sikh, but think its budhist

i dont particularly like that church either but its far better than the wolsey road mosque, it doesnt jump out of the streetscape like the mosque does!

---------- Post added 05-12-2012 at 22:01 ----------

It's not a church. It's a buddhist temple, i think. Maybe sikh, but think its budhist

no thats the old hotel further down

I saw the steel frame going up on the one thats getting built on Petre Street, I have heard it is being funded by some rich Sheiks so will see how it turns out.

That mosque is no more of an eyesore than the big B&Q thats nearby.

is that the b&Q thats in a mainly industrial area?? not a residential area like the mosque:roll::roll:

I saw the steel frame going up on the one thats getting built on Petre Street, I have heard it is being funded by some rich Sheiks so will see how it turns out.

Square building with two towers and an Onion Dome at a guess.......

"beautiful" ????!! hardly! they usually look like a blot on the landscape, take wolsey road mosque, you couldnt get a more out of character building, god or allah knows how they got planning for that carbuncle!!!:roll::roll: at least if a holy building is to be constructed make it look like it fits in:rolleyes:

Well, that's matter of taste isn't it. Personally speaking I am not of the opinion that a building necessarily needs to blend with its surroundings.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=sydney+opera+house&hl=en&safe=off&tbo=d&biw=1280&bih=687&tbm=isch&tbnid=doR5MNs34rc3NM:&imgrefurl=http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,2097247,00.html&docid=muK0OSPdToRCgM&imgurl=http://img.timeinc.net/time/daily/2011/1110/360_sydney_opera_house_1019.jpg&w=360&h=235&ei=Ps-_UNyVD4mN0wWMx4DACw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=782&vpy=395&dur=2066&hovh=181&hovw=278&tx=115&ty=130&sig=101622834016708188682&page=3&tbnh=140&tbnw=208&start=48&ndsp=30&ved=1t:429,r:70,s:0,i:348

It's been turned down according to the report as of this time. Apparently because of safety concerns due to contamination of the site.

The building is an ugly eyesore, but the area is probably a good one for it because the transport infrastructure would probably be able to cope due to it's closeness to the olympic park.

I think they look at the plans again maybe they should consider it's uses by the wider community. Eg they say that there are going to be sports halls and fields that everyone could use. Perhaps if there are other facilities which will be of use to the whole community that might be in it's favour.

Well I will not be attending this "mosque" or any other. I don't care how unPC that is, it's the way I feel and I will not sacrifice my principles for anybody!

Well I will not be attending this "mosque" or any other. I don't care how unPC that is, it's the way I feel and I will not sacrifice my principles for anybody!

Relax - it's probably not compulsory.

The human race needs more churches like fish need more bikes. A colossal waste of time, money, resources and energy.

Are you Muslim. ?