The Arctic Monkeys megathread

ARCTIC MONKEYS....your opinion on the music  

278 members have voted

1. 1. ARCTIC MONKEYS....your opinion on the music

• New and original Band who will be THE sound of 2006
    • Disposable Oasis rip-off crap with no talent whatsoever
    • Pretentious non-original superhyped rubbish that will last less than 1 year
    • The Greatest band to come out of Sheffield....EVER
    • Other Sheffield bands, past and present have much more talent
    • Never heard of the Arctic Monkeys

After seeing the Arctic Monkeys live in Manchester I swore never to waste my money on them again!!!! very disappointing

Saturday for Little Man Tate.. I will waste my money on them!!!!! :hihi:

each to their own :hihi:

i decided not to bother with it this time too after the cricket ground gig, massive let down that was. and just who queues for beer for 2 hours instead of watching the bands anyway?? :?

each to their own :hihi:

i decided not to bother with it this time too after the cricket ground gig, massive let down that was. and just who queues for beer for 2 hours instead of watching the bands anyway?? :?

Afraid it was the cricket ground event that I wasted my money on too...

ahhh thought so. that gig was just full of idiots throwing 'beer'...

left before the end.

Really dissapointed last night - what is going on with Alex Turner, he looked really drunk, was slurring his words when he did speak/sing, but actually never really spoke to the crowd properly. Also crowd was rammed with idiots chucking ale!

I can't believe it - what a let down!!!!

Really dissapointed last night - what is going on with Alex Turner, he looked really drunk, was slurring his words when he did speak/sing, but actually never really spoke to the crowd properly. Also crowd was rammed with idiots chucking ale!

Sounds like the 15 minutes are nearly up. Still, if you base your entire career on trying to rewrite your hit single, what can you expect?

I agree, was the first time i had seen them...was ok but my mate had someone be sick all over him in the first 5 mins so that sort of put a downer on the night!!:gag:

Who was the support band before? they took some stick from the crowd!!

was it the horrors and rascals supporting? black leather and stupid hair it would have been the horrors.

I was really disapointed too last night. The venue was too big so the sound just became like a bit of an echo and there was too many B sides played. Some of them most hadn't heard unless they buy each single, where as a lot of people I imagine are like me and just buy the album.

The last song I've got to agree with Robbie on that one, it should always be a jumpy tune so everyone leaves thinking that was great but just all a bit quiet. Alex has never been the sort who is great with the crowd I don't think, just one of those things, I don't think he's a great conversationist.

About the peopple throwing drinks and body waste(phish) everywhere I think it's a sad fact that whenever you go to a indie concert of that size you are always going to get teh sort of idiots attending that wopuld rather pee in a cup and lob it in the crowd. This was particularly stupid as I remember a few years back when I went to see Oasis it was far worse but if people had have gone they would have never got back to where they were standing, not that throwing pee can be excused. Whereas last night to be fair they're were plentiful toilets but some are just idiots like the guy stood next to who didn't have an issue about getting his manhood out and relieving himself in the cup he'd just had his Carling in................... Nice

Little Man Tate should be better on Saturday at least they are always have a good rapport with the crowd, will be the 5th time I've seen them this year. Not the worlds greatest band but always enjoy seeing them live.

Its easy to pick faults and criticise, but all the idiots sharing their bodily fluids and the occasional lager is all part of the experience if you ask me.

The Horrors were consequently boo'd off and chanted at at by the same morons.

Again.

Its all good fun.

I thought all in all it was an enjoyable experience, and that's what I want from my gigs.

To have fun.

Okay, the set was different and the last song wasn't your favourite kareoke classic.

But how can you assault a band with claims of being samey and reprocessing the same old stuff one day, and then be offended when they do something a little differently?

Peace.

x

The Arctic Monkeys are the greatest novelty act of the last 10 years.

It's not their fault if the southern music scene was crying out for an act with a unique accent - can't fault em for exploiting the cockneys, more folk should be at it I reckon!!!

The trick is not to take em seriously - These aren't daft lads, they know they can't really play their instruments or sing very well, so they've found a gap in the market, and taken advantage - they shouldn't be criticised for it!

That's the most ridiculous summary of the Arctics I've ever heard.

Are you naively jumping on this new "I'm cool 'cos I don't like popular bands" band wagon?

Or are you genuinely a moron?

There are many faults with them as a band.

They rose to fame to quickly, they have a great collection of d**kheads who call themselves fans, they've been anally raped by NME and so people have lost respect for them.

They do still, however, make fantastic music.

And no one can take that away from them.

Both albums are sensational from start to finish, and each song is as strong as the next.

All potential singles.

Even the B sides the band produce are of higher quality than most indie bands could ever dream of.

I don't see why people get off on trying to be different by not liking a popular band.

If you want to be different and cool, try yoga.

(Y)

very well said :)

i went off them for a while after the first album, but decided to buy the second and i love it, perhaps more than the first. i do however think that i've seen my last monkeys gig, which i'm not too bothered about as it has just become a nightmare!