The Arctic Monkeys megathread

ARCTIC MONKEYS....your opinion on the music  

278 members have voted

1. 1. ARCTIC MONKEYS....your opinion on the music

• New and original Band who will be THE sound of 2006
    • Disposable Oasis rip-off crap with no talent whatsoever
    • Pretentious non-original superhyped rubbish that will last less than 1 year
    • The Greatest band to come out of Sheffield....EVER
    • Other Sheffield bands, past and present have much more talent
    • Never heard of the Arctic Monkeys

I'm starting to think that Starsparkle and I would make a lovely couple......

Thinking isn't your strong point, is it?

You responded to him, so how is that 'following you around'? :loopy:

No, I didn't. He responded to a post of mine. And he's been fishing on various other threads we've both been posting on lately, trying to get rises out of me. It might help to check your facts before posting.

StarSparkle

No, I didn't. He responded to a post of mine. And he's been fishing on various other threads we've both been posting on lately, trying to get rises out of me. It might help to check your facts before posting.

StarSparkle

OK :) I've checked my facts....He posted here, clearly not in response to anything you've posted. You then responded to that post here, QED :cool:

OK :) I've checked my facts....He posted here, clearly not in response to anything you've posted. You then responded to that post here, QED :cool:

Can I direct you to the top of this page? I think you'll find you need to do your homework a bit more thoroughly.

Anyway - can we get back to the thread now please? This is all getting rather sad.

Cheers

StarSparkle

For you, Starsparkle

However, for anyone who didn't take the bait, you don't really need to hear the new AM album to know how it's going to sound. The Official NME Rules For Over-Hyped indie bands are as follows;

FIRST ALBUM

Blah blah blah.......

Isn't that somewhat hypocritical coming from someone who recently started a thread saying we should treat music on its merits and ignore the hype?

For what its worth, I think the Arctic Monkeys are well worth the hype (is there such a thing as over-hype?) and if they never make another decent record, they've still managed to enrich my world far more than 99.99% of acts. Thanks also to NME for making sure I became aware of them.

They have really strong echoes of The Undertones, or is that just me?

Isn't that somewhat hypocritical coming from someone who recently started a thread saying we should treat music on its merits and ignore the hype?

For what its worth, I think the Arctic Monkeys are well worth the hype (is there such a thing as over-hype?) and if they never make another decent record, they've still managed to enrich my world far more than 99.99% of acts. Thanks also to NME for making sure I became aware of them.

They have really strong echoes of The Undertones, or is that just me?

Yeah, I think you're spot-on there. They have an aura of freshness and joyousness about them that does remind me very strongly of the Undertones. Music is something that should be enjoyed, after all, and I think both bands have brought a lot of youthful enthusiasm to their craft. Both bands certainly lift my spirits whenever I hear them.

StarSparkle

Personally, I think that just confirms my good taste in loving them ;):P

StarSparkle

I think we all know what your post confirms :| .

I think we all know what your post confirms :| .

Lighten up occasionally Hecate :)

StarSparkle

Lighten up occasionally Hecate :)

StarSparkle

Oh well, that's obviously the final word on it I guess the lads will immediately disband they will be so gutted that BasilRathbon doesn't think much to their album...

Why not try talking about subjects you know something about for a change?

Like I didn't know that

Since the enforced departure of dear Bartfarst, you're currently SF's no.1 troll - we all know it

Lighten up occasionally Starsparkle :).

Lighten up occasionally Starsparkle :).

Touche :P

Let's leave it, shall we? Everyone else must be very bored....

StarSparkle :)

i think you should both stop flirting and just get a room! :D

OI!!!! Pack it in!!!!

Honestly! :roll: