The Arctic Monkeys megathread

ARCTIC MONKEYS....your opinion on the music  

278 members have voted

1. 1. ARCTIC MONKEYS....your opinion on the music

• New and original Band who will be THE sound of 2006
    • Disposable Oasis rip-off crap with no talent whatsoever
    • Pretentious non-original superhyped rubbish that will last less than 1 year
    • The Greatest band to come out of Sheffield....EVER
    • Other Sheffield bands, past and present have much more talent
    • Never heard of the Arctic Monkeys

the gig on saturday night was awesome, Alex is a pure genius the lads just bang out the tunes perfect every time and the new tunes are banging live, it was a priveledge to be there,

the 'still down to earth moment' for me was me n my fella turned up about 8.15pm and as we wer pulling up Matt(drummer) and Jamie(guitar) wer just strolling up on there own from the bus station just with a big bag, all on there own like they had just jumped on the number 80 bus from high green and like they were just going for a swift half somewhere........pure class!

Alex hardly ever says much at gigs... they're just not a chatty kind of band.

I went last night and it was thoroughly enjoyable.

Don't know if Alex has read SF but he was definitely more talkative last night and said that if we knew anyone who had been to the Saturday night gig, to apologise to them for him because the "words wouldn't come out. Stuff was on the tip of my tongue."

I went last night and it was thoroughly enjoyable.

Don't know if Alex has read SF but he was definitely more talkative last night and said that if we knew anyone who had been to the Saturday night gig, to apologise to them for him because the "words wouldn't come out. Stuff was on the tip of my tongue."

Just incase he does, :rolleyes:(lol) Alex, in the words of Natasha Bedingfield, I wanna have your babies. :love: :love: :love: lol!

EDIT: Plus I accept your apology graciously lol.

Just incase he does, :rolleyes:(lol) Alex, in the words of Natasha Bedingfield, I wanna have your babies. :love: :love: :love: lol!

Ooh Edna, you hussy :hihi: :hihi:

Just teasing :D

Sparkle :)

Have seen the video to Flo Adolescent earlier on! :o ! Quite shocked by its violence! Plus it's got scary clowns in it which make me think of IT! It doesn't really fit the song at all as far as i can see. I felt really uncomfortable watching it. Am I going soft?

my youngest son has both there album,s and to tell the truth i can,t bear to listen to them , alex sing,s dreadfull there sound is un-original and there overated . they remind me of the beatifull south abit

Another mercury award this year hopefully.

Have seen the video to Flo Adolescent earlier on! :o ! Quite shocked by its violence! Plus it's got scary clowns in it which make me think of IT! It doesn't really fit the song at all as far as i can see. I felt really uncomfortable watching it. Am I going soft?

Oooh no, I haven't seen it yet - I'm not at all keen on scary clowns either :( To be honest, though, I haven't really liked ANY Arctics videos - to me, a video should heavily feature the band concerned, and not be some sort of artistic project. I think it cheats the fans a bit. But that's me...

I guess the band want to maintain a certain level of anonymity, even if only for their own sanity, so I reckon that's fair enough.

StarSparkle

Brianstorm is about the best video they've done- nice and straight forward, full of energy with the band performing and some foxy dancers

Brianstorm is about the best video they've done- nice and straight forward, full of energy with the band performing and some foxy dancers

That's what a music video should be like... apart from the dancers :gag:

StarSparkle

my youngest son has both there album,s and to tell the truth i can,t bear to listen to them , alex sing,s dreadfull there sound is un-original and there overated . they remind me of the beatifull south abit

Well you Obviously don't no good music when you hear it then:rolleyes:

And can't say as i have ever heard of the beatifull south:hihi:

Great band and Sheffielder's:D

Really like there music