Can you remember old whistling Kettles?

never mind the kettles you dont here many people whistling these days,what about the old pressure cooker fetching the wallpaper off and screaming its head off.

What are you on about "used to". They are widely used by campers today and are still sold in fashionable kitchen shops as well as bargain stores.

I take it you don't get out much..

Yeah but the whistles are wimpy compred to the old ones which used to take a macho stance and make their presence known in no uncertain manner.

You dint dare mess wi 'em.

Only too well, we had one that could do 'Marching thro' Georgia', but it tended to boil dry in the process.

I still have one but it only comes out when there's a power cut.

1959 just got married my wife asked me"how do you tell waters boiling with no whistle" needless to say I'm still the only cook in the house

I'm looking for one for my induction hob- we have a steel kettle at the mo but it doesn't whistle- so we have to stand over it as the hob is so fast when the kettle boils it spills boiling water everywhere! If anyone knows a good stockist let me know!