Greggs-why no receipts?

If someone got food poisoning from Greggs, surely a receipt would at least prove you ate there, my statement matches your signature. :hihi:

No it doesn't; he could get the receipt off anyone to try to prove a point, ask yourself how many people ACTUALLY do ask for a receipt, I don't want one if paying by cash.

Edited by Bypassblade

It irritates me no end that the shops on railway stations have to give you a reciept. I don't need a piece of paper to tell me that I paid for a 40p chocolate bar with 40p and received no change.

No it doesn't; he could get the receipt off anyone to try to prove a point, ask yourself how many people ACTUALLY do ask for a receipt, I don't want one if paying by cash.

Chill out, flippin hell!:gag:

I know Greggs will give you a reciept if you ask for one...

Chill out, flippin hell!:gag:

Oh I'm chilled (in fact I'm in the freezer), don't do anything else these days just gets my goat when someone moans about no receipt, they have a tongue in head ask for one. :gag:

Oh I'm chilled (in fact I'm in the freezer), don't do anything else these days just gets my goat when someone moans about no receipt, they have a tongue in head ask for one. :gag:

True.:thumbsup:

Come to think of it-do Starbucks give customers a receipt? ;)

No , receipts leave a paper trail ,and Starbucks dont like people to know how much they earn. ;)

No , receipts leave a paper trail ,and Starbucks dont like people to know how much they earn. ;)

Well now, it only took 31 posts for someone to eventually grasp the point being made.:hihi:

One reason that as been missed so far is that of money saving.

I don't have the receipt option turned on on my till but it is a simple matter of pressing one button if someone asks for one.

Having it turned off saved me just over £300 in till rolls last year. The saving s made by the likes of Greggs would be very substantial

I have had this problem in Castle market when I buy potatoes. The shop where I would like to go to next,sell the same potatoes,but at considerably more but how do I prove to them that they are not their potatoes? A potential bad situation,so I have to shop there first,which I don't really want to do. The market stall person gets a bit nasty if you ask for a receipt.It's the same at the co-op, they get nasty if you ask for a receipt.

How often do you return potatoes?

I go in Greggs-the pasty & sandwich chain, several times a month, and have done for years. I cannot recall ever being given a receipt. Why is that? :suspect:

What point was that exactly? You were moaning, you've had ample opportunity to ask for a receipt in all that time, why has it taken you so long to realise you've never been given one? Oh and BTW have you got the best memory span in the world where you can remember in all those times that you were never given a single receipt or is it more likely that you probably were but just binned it without thinking like the rest of us. I only keep receipts for things like TV, washing machine etc in case they go wrong and would cost a lot to repair:roll:

Ask and you will be given Simples .....:)