Bus stops sited dangerously

If he is no longer employed by them, then he has been, at best, disingenuous.

Couple of those on Carlisle street are in really stupid places and the one on Ecclesfield wood bottom outside bus depot is plain lunacy. Not only is it in a place where it holds up all the traffic on inside lane the bus drivers then decide to change over there because they're too idle to walk to one outside Morrisons which would not hold up anyone:roll::roll:

Quote:

You're using what you believe to be common sense. Not what others believe to be common sense. Yours in an opinion and, I'm afraid, not based on fact.

Planner 1 doesn't work for Sheffield City Council, by the way. Another fact you appear to have got wrong.

firstly i never said he did work for them!

secondly there are a lot of supporting posts on here supporting my OP, so looks like my common sence is fine, do you work for the council by any chance?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

The Ecclesall Road / Dobcroft Road bus stop used to be sited such that when a bus stopped there half the bus was across the junction blocking exit.

When Ecclesall Road was resurfaced a few years ago, the planners clearly noticed their earlier error and moved it down a couple of metres. Now traffic can exit whilst a stationery bus is there, but only if the drivers are willing to risk life and limb.

I've actually witnessed a number of near misses at that junction whilst a bus is sat there.

It probably started out as bus stop in the 50s when about 1 car an hour went past,but its the PTE who put it there and if its a genuine hazard then they should at least re-site it.

Allow enough time for your journey to wait behind the bus.

:hihi: Thanks for that.

---------- Post added 05-12-2012 at 16:46 ----------

The bus stop at he bottom of Handsworth hill ,about 10 yards away from traffic lights where prince of Wales cross roads are who in the right mind would place

A bus stop there :huh:

Its all designed to frustrate and irritate drivers, and it works; I bet they have a right old laugh about it as well.

firstly i never said he did work for them!

secondly there are a lot of supporting posts on here supporting my OP, so looks like my common sence is fine, do you work for the council by any chance?

Your common "sence" as you call still hasn't taught you to find out facts before you leap in with accusation, has it? No, I don't work for the Council. I do suggest you think before you post.

you forgot first point i made, my common sence is fine btw!

---------- Post added 05-12-2012 at 18:51 ----------

i also asked if there was a planning process for bus stops, i take it you know the answer with your condisending posts aimed at me

Couple of those on Carlisle street are in really stupid places and the one on Ecclesfield wood bottom outside bus depot is plain lunacy. Not only is it in a place where it holds up all the traffic on inside lane the bus drivers then decide to change over there because they're too idle to walk to one outside Morrisons which would not hold up anyone:roll::roll:

So we are too idle to walk to morrisons are we? One, it is the official take over point for the 88 and Two, I'm sure it would inconvenience you lots more if the 87, 265 and 83 were all changing over at the same time opposite morrisons thus blocking the road off. Do you fail to negotiate a manoeuvre that will take you around a bus that is parked up at the side of the road? Or does it just waste two minutes of your life having to wait an extra sequence of lights because two lanes are reduced to one at the lights "because the lazy drivers are changing over"?

Allow enough time for your journey to wait behind the bus.

You're joking right? When you are on your way home from work and bus drivers block an entire lane of rush hour traffic while they change drivers when they could easily do it in a less awkward place two minutes round corner and disrupt nobody:roll::roll:

I'd have thought it was pretty obvious, it's to ensure drivers can't overtake the buses when they are in the stop, because that's when the people who get off the bus are sometimes hit by overtaking drivers.

Hmmm, the door to get on and off the bus is on the near-side( curbside) of the bus, so how are people getting hit by cars?? oh yeah, a lot of People getting off buses immediately curl around the front of the bus to cross the road, putting themselves at risk of being hit by traffic passing the parked up bus. Thats their dumb fault frankly.

Edited by Good mood