Bus stops sited dangerously

Unlike you, I am well capable of reading and understanding the premise of the thread. Read the original post. Where is the mention of the emergency services?

is there actually a planning process when positioning a bus stop?, serious question because the amount i have seen placed in dangerous/stupid places in sheffield is crazy, ie on blind bend down blackstock road, 10 foot from a roundabout and 5 foot from a junction to name just a few!

If you'd stop spouting council propaganda long enough to think, you would realise this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by frededwards

Or, put another way................"I'm losing the argument."

Read the thread, I'm not losing the argument at all.

If the emergency services aren't concerned about it, it's a non-issue.

im sorry but any hold up pf the emergency services could have potential life threatening consequences so im afraid that what you are posting is rubbish!!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

oops, have you read the thread at all because i started this thread, and are you stating that bus stops go through no planning process at all then?

Where do you think I have said that? Will you please stop putting words in people's mouths and read what is posted? The answer is already on this thread.

In the normal course of events, SYPTE plan where bus stops will go, in consultation with consultees like the bus operators and the Council.

Build outs at bus stops are normally planned by SCC as part of road safety measures. They consult everyone you would expect, inlcuding affected local residents, businesses, PTE, bus operators and emergency services.

---------- Post added 05-12-2012 at 13:40 ----------

im sorry but any hold up pf the emergency services could have potential life threatening consequences so im afraid that what you are posting is rubbish!!

No one can reasonably expect that in a large city, emergency services can get from their base or location, to any residence in the area they cover, completely unhindered, without any delay whatsoever at any time of day or night, irrespective of conditions.

That is utopia and real life is not like that. There is nowhere in the world where they operate on that premise, so why would you expect it here?

There are compromises which have to be made. The emergency services fully understand and apprecaite this.

Views like yours are understood by the people who plan the roads and deliver emergency services, but as we do not live in utopia, they cannot deliver services in that way.

Edited by Planner1

Dawny, what is it with you and the Council? You're having a go on another thread about the Highways PFI & on this one about bus stops. On both threads you don't seem to understand how the processes work for each, but you keep posting defensively.

If you have a serious agenda on each of these 2 issues, you should read & take in the professional advice offered, not carry on an inconsequential dialogue which shows you really don't know what you're talking about.

Most of us are glad that an experienced planning officer takes the time & trouble to post on the Forum. We don't try to show that we know as much as he does, because we don't.

Do you ever use your car when traffic is busy?

Most of us are glad that an experienced planning officer takes the time & trouble to post on the Forum. We don't try to show that we know as much as he does, because we don't.

He merely spouts the council line and makes completely unfounded statements, for which he refuses to produce evidence.

Dawny, what is it with you and the Council? You're having a go on another thread about the Highways PFI & on this one bout bus stops. On both threads you don't seem to understand how the processes work for each, but you keep posting defensively and, I'm afriad, inarticulately.

If you have a serious agenda on each of these 2 issues, you should rad & take in the professional advice offered, not carry on an inconsequential dialogue which shows you really don't know what you're talking about.

Most of us are glad that an experienced planning officer takes the time & trouble to post on the Forum. I can assue you we'd far rather get the facts from him than thrown together uninformed arguments from you.

uninformed?, im using common sence, or are you stating that im wrong and to just blindly accept what im told by someone who works for an oranisation that appears to be bereft of those qualities?

Yes, bus stops are sited by SYPTE using council guidelines.

I have to say though, the situations you describe only become dangerous when cars try and overtake the buses rather than wait behind them.

Not totally true though, lets take the Junction of Norwood Avenue and Herries road, the bus stop is a few meters (yes meters) from the Junction and on a blind bend, only enough room for one car to queue behind a bus therefore forcing others to queue on Herries causing another issue there, naturally certain car drivers will try to pass the bus if it's unloading passangers going to the NGH, so in my opinion it's a major FAIL by the planner because it's in a very dangerous place and on a slight bend too, I could name others but just haven't got the time.

uninformed?, im using common sence, or are you stating that im wrong and to just blindly accept what im told by someone who works for an oranisation that appears to be bereft of those qualities?

You're using what you believe to be common sense. Not what others believe to be common sense. Yours in an opinion and, I'm afraid, not based on fact.

Planner 1 doesn't work for Sheffield City Council, by the way. Another fact you appear to have got wrong.

Planner 1 doesn't work for Sheffield City Council, by the way. Another fact you appear to have got wrong.

He has peviously stated that he does.

I don't know if it just a Shiregreen thing,but most of the bus stops restrict/stop the flow of traffic.And at school times can totally gridlock certain junctions!.

Also,bus stops 200 yards apart!whats all that about?

1 example being Nethershire shops.3 bus stops from there to corner of Beck road.

He has peviously stated that he does.

He has previously stated that he used to.