Bus stops sited dangerously

We are told that Drivers report problems with Bus Stops all the time, but for some reason this falls on deaf ears from SYPTE :(

You can report problems with bus stops using the link below

http://www.fixmytransport.com/problems/find_stop_type

It doesn't "fall on deaf ears". Sometimes there is not much that can be done, or it's just too expensive / difficult.

It's often not easy to site bus stops in an optimal location and there are many issues to consider, sometimes it has to be a compromise.

It doesn't "fall on deaf ears". Sometimes there is not much that can be done, or it's just too expensive / difficult.

It's often not easy to site bus stops in an optimal location and there are many issues to consider, sometimes it has to be a compromise.

Dont put them just off a junction, thats not hard.

Well you certainly have...:huh:

Well, yes...that's kind of the exact point I was making...you seemed to be observing in a slightly suggestive way, given the content of this thread, that buses cause traffic problems and that we're better off when they aren't on the roads, as per your observation of when buses were on strike. I was just highlighting how you would see the same smoothness if you took any group of road users off the roads.

I didn't mention anything about heavy traffic.

I didn't say you had, that was the example I brought in to the conversation.

You really are a bit simple arent you?

Bus drivers don't 'decide' where to change drivers, we do it where we're instructed to by the company which employ us. Failure to do so would result in disciplinary action.

Stagecoach do change overs for the 87, 265 and 83/83a outside of the Morrisons stop at Ecclesfield, a stop that is also served by the First 76 route as well as the 29 and the X10. During peak times it is impossible to access the stop to change driver or simply load/unload passangers without causing major disruption to the traffic flow. And you want to add the 88 (every 10 minutes) to the mayhem?

No they don't, we are stuck behind them all the time. You may be told what changeover to do but whats to stop you hopping on the bus and doing the changeover outside Morrisons

Erm, yes they do:huh:

As for you're other point A/ once wind reached management (and it would, trust me) the drivers responsible would be disciplined and B/as I have already explained adding yet another changeover (on a 10 minute service) to an already congested stretch of road would result in near total gridlock.

Still, as long as you don't have to wait a few minutes, who cares if other people are held up for ages on end, right?

Erm, yes they do:huh:

As for you're other point A/ once wind reached management (and it would, trust me) the drivers responsible would be disciplined and B/as I have already explained adding yet another changeover (on a 10 minute service) to an already congested stretch of road would result in near total gridlock.

Still, as long as you don't have to wait a few minutes, who cares if other people are held up for ages on end, right?

Erm no they don't and speaking as someoe who travels that route every weekday mostly in rush hour they don't have a build up outside Morrisons because that bus stop is set back from road and does not block traffic flow.

People don't always do what they are taught, do they? We don't live in a perfect world, people do it wrong and people are maimed and die as a result.

Bus stops are hotspots for collisions with pedestrians, many of which involve drivers overtaking he stationary bus. If the drivers can't overtake, it removes the possibility of that type of collision.

I cannot believe we have to spend thousands of pounds of tax payers money to stop people getting knocked down.Its basic stuff to most people to wait until the bus has gone.I cannot believe adults get knocked down,children yes if they havent been taught properly by their parents.If you get knocked down because your high on drugs or drunk then its your own fault not the bus companys fault,councils fault,or the fault of the drivers who hit them.I have managed to make it to middle age without getting knocked down.Were stopping people having to think for themselves because of this damn health and safety.

I cannot believe we have to spend thousands of pounds of tax payers money to stop people getting knocked down.Its basic stuff to most people to wait until the bus has gone.I cannot believe adults get knocked down,children yes if they havent been taught properly by their parents.If you get knocked down because your high on drugs or drunk then its your own fault not the bus companys fault,councils fault,or the fault of the drivers who hit them.I have managed to make it to middle age without getting knocked down.Were stopping people having to think for themselves because of this damn health and safety.

No, it's not health and safety, think of it as invest to save.

The NHS pay out countless millions treating the people who are injured in traffic collisions. Those people being off work, not able to work again or even dead, costs the economy millions.

Spending a bit on preventing or reducing the severity of the collisions is a good investment.

and there was me wondering how we all managed to make it to our 40's and with no help from the council until 10 years ago whel the elf and wastey, sorry heath and safety got involved.

Get a grip and teach the green cross code like they used to do, we are all sick of the council messing this city up and littering bus stops and traffic lights every 10 yards!!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Erm no they don't and speaking as someoe who travels that route every weekday mostly in rush hour they don't have a build up outside Morrisons because that bus stop is set back from road and does not block traffic flow.

You really are dim.

I DROVE all the routes mentioned whilst at Stagecoach upto a couple of weeks ago, so I KNOW where the driver change over points are and what kind of tailbacks are caused by doing the driver change overs there.

For you to suggest that there is no disruption to the traffic flow caused by the build up buses, especially at peak times leaves me to believe that either you're lying about your knowledge of the area, drive around with your eyes closed or you're just a troll.

Which is it?

You really are dim.

I DROVE all the routes mentioned whilst at Stagecoach upto a couple of weeks ago, so I KNOW where the driver change over points are and what kind of tailbacks are caused by doing the driver change overs there.

For you to suggest that there is no disruption to the traffic flow caused by the build up buses, especially at peak times leaves me to believe that either you're lying about your knowledge of the area, drive around with your eyes closed or you're just a troll.

Which is it?

Neither actually, lived in area since before you were born (1955) and telling it exactly as it is

---------- Post added 08-12-2012 at 08:20 ----------

You really are dim.

Which is it?

Yes they are outside bus depot and cause disruptions because they block inside lane off and anyone wanting to turn left is stuck behind them on a very busy main road

No, it's not health and safety, think of it as invest to save.

The NHS pay out countless millions treating the people who are injured in traffic collisions. Those people being off work, not able to work again or even dead, costs the economy millions.

Spending a bit on preventing or reducing the severity of the collisions is a good investment.

It just annoys me some of the stupid things people do,getting knocked down by buses,trams,and trying to beat trains on level crossings.I worry about the level of intelligence in this country nowadays.