Bus stops sited dangerously

Is the bus just stopping to drop/pick up, or is it parking there ?

Is the bus just stopping to drop/pick up, or is it parking there ?

Where? It's a bus stop. The bus stops to let people get off and get on. Like I said, it's a bus stop.

As I have also said - twice - it's the actual stop - the metal and glass thing that people stand under - that restricts the view of Ecclesall Road if you are coming out of the side street, not the buses.

Right, I suppose you could ask the PTE if they might consider changing the bus shelter back to a bus stop. I know years ago bus shelters were put up at the location of a fare stage point but that doesn't appear to be the policy now,so it may be worth having a word with them.

Right, I suppose you could ask the PTE if they might consider changing the bus shelter back to a bus stop. I know years ago bus shelters were put up at the location of a fare stage point but that doesn't appear to be the policy now,so it may be worth having a word with them.

I guess. I was more making the point that, presumably, before it was put there, someone decided it was safe to do so, and I wonder what that process was.

Who do you imagine would pick up the bill for changing it? The same mugs that paid for it to be put up in the first place do you think?

If the actual stop was creating a hazard, i.e. obscurred views in the case that Number Siz describes, then there might be an issue, but otherwise, most of these other 'examples' seem to only be dangerous if driver (not just the car driver but potentially the bus driver too) does something dangerous.

Really though, if you're following or approaching a Bus which has stopped, you should be using a hell of a lot of care - enough to offset any dangers.

One I will agree on though is the one at the top of Norton Avenue/Herries Road - what you might call the Northern General Stop, south bound. As a lot of buses wait there, many of them obscure the oncoming traffic from those who have turned off Herries Road and are trying to get past - this is one case where I would not blame the motorists and have to say that is caused by a waiting bus creating a dangerous obstacle.

go look on google street view at hartley brook road/perkyn road and someone explain how the heck a bus stop can be there, it stops and blocks the entire road!!!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

go look on google street view at hartley brook road/perkyn road and someone explain how the heck a bus stop can be there, it stops and blocks the entire road!!!

Its insane i agree but unfortunately that wont make a diff to the people who are anti car/pro public transport.

its not anti car issue, its a dangerous place, what if the emergency services were trying to get past??

The bus stop at he bottom of Handsworth hill ,about 10 yards away from traffic lights where prince of Wales cross roads are who in the right mind would place

A bus stop there :huh:

This one astonishes me:

https://maps.google.com/?ll=53.44273,-1.500589&spn=0.000013,0.013937&t=m&z=17&layer=c&cbll=53.442824,-1.500029&panoid=aiWzrdZ5uWKSp-9u1Gt8DA&cbp=12,73.38,,0,0

I'm baffled as to why they put the bus stop at the point where the road narrows to a single lane.

There's a similarly sited one here:

https://maps.google.com/?ll=53.386182,-1.48324&spn=0.000026,0.027874&t=m&layer=c&cbll=53.386489,-1.483176&panoid=b6YDjWi0KYZP_S4sCvXZkQ&cbp=12,179.93,,0,0&z=16

Is there some underlying reason for putting bus stops in such bizarre locations?

well anyone who says that they are controlled by planning lives in lala land, those last 2 are just dangerous!!

bottom of wordsworth avenue s5 the bus stop is about 2-3 meter away from the roundabout and the road is just stupidly full of pot holes so if you dont crash into a bus your guna have a knackard suspension spring