Heeley Bottom In The 60'S And 70'S

I am just joking. if you had a name anything out of the ordinary we all used to laugh at it. I did not mean any offense mate :thumbsup:

None taken, It is quite a wierd name for them days i suppose. The rest of em had normal names.

Can anybody remember the Wilsons ( brothers) lived on gifford rd heeley bottom?

Originally posted by only_me

Can anybody remember the Wilsons ( brothers) lived on gifford rd heeley bottom?

Tony Wilson & Mike

Originally posted by sexylass1983

His name is stephen Kay do you know him?

The Name rings a bell

Hi tosh' there was Noel the oldest then i think possibly Tony then Dean (Deano) the youngest who was my old mate.

I won and lost a few tanners at that snooker hall. I lived in Abbeydale just off Broadfield road, so the picture house choices were great, the Abbeydale, the Heeley Palace, and the Coli. If you wanted to wear out a little more footwear there was Heeley Green too. Living here among all these 12 movie multiplexes, with there drab auditoriums, their terrible movie choices aimed solely at teenagers, I stay home and rent a DVD, if I can find one that's worth it.

Originally posted by only_me

Hi tosh' there was Noel the oldest then i think possibly Tony then Dean (Deano) the youngest who was my old mate.

Tony was my mate

Tony wilson is an industrial window cleaner' i have seen him around i beleave he cleans the windows on the sheffield courts. I think he maybe around 45 now.

Originally posted by Bratby

The Fine Fare site used to be the Heeley Colliseum.

i thought fine fair was where machine mart stands , and i also remember a fine wear around 1970s

I'm sure that machine mart was the fine fare that was the colly,does anyone remember Leo who used to shine his torch at you,there was three Wainwrights shop on Heeley bottom, from the bridge pub, cross the bridge then there was a tiny sweet shop, then one Wainwrights that sold grandad shirts before grandads shirts was well known, collar studs, lyle stockings the choice was endless, then a locksmiths, a steelworks which had a big steel door, then a cleaners and then Lewis's, in their doorway there was a square post that had mirrors on all sides and you could walk round it, they sold blouses etc, in one window then mens things in another window,there was a Gowers, Gallons, Davy's,an army surplus store and the plumtree cafe, that had one of the first juke boxes in Sheffield, it still is a cafe now.The Teen Bar which had to be one of the first coffee bars for teenagers.Back at the Heeley Palace, at the bus stop can anyone remember a little hole cut out of the wall just where the bus stop was, where we used to sit in when it rained.

hi applegrim the steelworks you mentioned on heeley bottom do you mean ross's it was across road from the army stores , i thought the coliseum pictures was at back of langtons shoe shop i may be wrong , and machine mart was fine fair . across the road on the other corner was snelsons im talking early 60s they used to sell records , i used to go in there to get a new pp3 battery fitted in my first transistor pocket radio the price was 2/6 .