What's all this fuss about dogs fouling on the pavement?

Originally posted by floyd77

Yes, but i'm a responsible dog owner - so my dogs never leave poo behind (Well, very rarely if im honest) - where as most cats almost always leave poo behind, usually in someones garden.

Thats just not right:(

I'm glad you're a responsible dog owner and pick up your dog's poo. I would too, if I had a dog to take for walks. If I walked my cats, I'd do the same. If I happened to see my cats poo, while they were prowling, and I could get to them, I'd clean that up too.

But yes, my cats prowl around their territory and no, I can't say for certain that they don't poo in someone elses garden. I know other's cats poo in my garden. As the owners of these cats aren't there to clean up, I do it myself. However, if the cat owner had been there when his or her cat emptied its bottom in my flower bed, I would have expected the owner to clean up after the cat. I can't make the cat analogy any more relevant to the original poster's topic.

Originally posted by floyd77

....where as most cats almost always leave poo behind, usually in someones garden.

Thats just not right:(

I've been banging my head on the same wall for the last 12 or so hours.

Some people just don't "get it":rolleyes:.

I've watched 4 beautiful dwarf connifers (in my garden) slowly turn brown and die due to cats "doing their business" on or around the roots (ammonia is not good for plants):mad:.

Originally posted by sccsux

I don't. Then again I don't differentiate between a dog & a wolf, domestic pig & a wild boar, human and an Orang-Utan......

You don't agree that these are separate species? Fair enough. You're wrong, but if that's what you believe, then fair enough.

My point remains. Cat owners should face the same restrictions dog owners do. Both are capable of spreading disease. Both damage other peoples property. However, only dogs need to be on a lead.

That's your point of view, and I completely respect that. I actually agree with most of what you've said there; like dogs, cats can spread disease and can also damage property, and dogs are the ones that need to be on a lead.

Recent research showed that all cats descend from one ancestor but this was millions of years ago - they descended into distinct families - 'family' cats e.g. lions, lone hunters e.g. tigers, large cats e.g. lynx, small cats e.g. cervals and the family which includes Scottish wild cats and domestic cats. So Domestic cats are as related to lions or tigers as I am to a colobus monkey.

Scottish wild cats are like a big tabby and are extremely reclusive; despite their name the only chance you'd have of being bitten by one is if you were a handler in a zoo.

An indoor cat does not have to be 'cooped up' - they get the run of the house and plenty of play time and are never left alone longer than a day at work. They also have harnesses for spending time safely in the garden when it is warm. I'd only let one roam if I lived in a rural area, and even then I'd be in two minds due to the risk of poisons or shootings.

I can see why people get annoyed about cat crap in their gardens, but there are non-cruel things you can do to prevent it.

LAD NOTE Can we get back onto the OP's posting, if you are going to talk crap at least make it dog crap. For those of you wanting to rant on about cat crap please start your own thread.

( Giz a job Joe, go on giz a job:D )

Not actually got round to counting... However, I do believe that there is only one that doesn't & that's us (though I believe there are exceptions:D).

Exactly, that being my point.

Originally posted by diggy

No different. Still a public place and an offence to foul it!!!!!!!

One is a grass verge, one is a park. They ARE different things.

Originally posted by owdlad

LAD NOTE Can we get back onto the OP's posting, if you are going to talk crap at least make it dog crap. For those of you wanting to rant on about cat crap please start your own thread.

Have to agree, was going to say it before I contributed to the cat thing, but to be honest - it has gone a little off subject. I can see the link, but it's no longer a direct link!

I would reply about letting my cats out (as it bugs so many people) but won't on here :D

Originally posted by Lotti

I would reply about letting my cats out (as it bugs so many people) but won't on here :D

You are not gonna argue about Bugs now are you, Lotti?:D

I've been banging my head on the same wall for the last 12 or so hours.

Some people just don't "get it":rolleyes:.

I've watched 4 beautiful dwarf connifers (in my garden) slowly turn brown and die due to cats "doing their business" on or around the roots (ammonia is not good for plants):mad:.

get a dog then;)

get a dog then;)

A valiant attempt to ressurect an old argument, sorry, debate. But we're not biting... ;) .

A valiant attempt to ressurect an old argument, sorry, debate. But we're not biting... ;) .

i was bored this moring and no one was on:D :D :D

well sussed btw;)