What's all this fuss about dogs fouling on the pavement?

Originally posted by shoeshine

Sorry kirky, got you mixed up with Spyro....... senile moment my end:thumbsup:

are you colour blind?:)

Originally posted by kirky

KIRKY!!!

Fantastic thread, what have you got for us THIS evening?

:clap:

Originally posted by sccsux

Where have I said (or is it written) that it was a sensible option?...

Oh, I see. You were being a troll and saying something just for the sake of it, because you thought that someone might be a tad annoyed by a humourous suggestion of shooting cats? Well, Oscar Wilde, thanks for that. My sides are indeed splitting from the hilarity.

Originally posted by floyd77

Fine - remove the parts from my post relating to digging up everthing, and decimating wildlife - the same hypocrisy remains.

I'm also going out - will catch up later :thumbsup:

You've lost me again. Why am I being hypocritical? I've explained the practicalities involved in cleaning up after dogs and cats, and suggested that if I had a dog I would clean up after that too. I've allowed that cats go roaming, while dogs are walked on leads and thus poo accordingly. Are you really suggesting that cats should be similarly walked on leads, or shut up in the house because they poo in flower beds? If you are suggesting this, then I guess we must agree to differ.

Colour of anyone is irrelevent to me......is it important to you?:)

Originally posted by Titian

KIRKY!!!

Fantastic thread, what have you got for us THIS evening?

:clap:

nowt planned mate,just watching footie and having a beer,i usually come up with my master threads whislt on one of my bans........watch this space:thumbsup:

nowt planned mate,just watching footie and having a beer,i usually come up with my master threads whislt on one of my bans........watch this space:thumbsup:

Can you crack one off while watching the football (but not about football..pleeeease) This one is making me dizzy now.

Can you crack one off while watching the football (but not about football..pleeeease) This one is making me dizzy now.

do i dectect a hint of sarcasm:| :| :|

Originally posted by ppn_2204

because you thought that someone might be a tad annoyed by a humourous suggestion of shooting cats?

Nope.

I truly do not like the vicious little creatures (though I wouldn't actually kill one) and (if I had my way) all cats would be treat the same as dogs (ie. indoors, or on a lead)!

Having had to attend hospital with my young brother (many, many years ago) for a tetinus injection and follow up apps, 'cause somebody let their animal loose, which (in turn) scratched him, opening a deep wound in his hand, did nothing to endear them to me.

I think that the issue of dog/cat/whatever poo in public places is quite a serious one. It has several aspects, from the issue of diseases, to the inconvenience caused for others. Maybe you'd like to contribute something to it other than sarcastic comments?

Dog owners should clean up after their dog if they can, just because dog sh*te all over the place is gross and it ruins your shoes. Let them do it round the City Farm and someone comes out with coloured chalk and draws a ring round it and writes warning messages across the pavement. Wonder how much they are paid? It's worthy of Tony Robinson's Worst Jobs In History. Dog-Sh*te Ringer, £12k per annum. :gag:

But if dog owners are going to bag the turds up and then just dump the bag by the road, I'd rather they left the jobbies lying there to be honest - they will rot a lot quicker than a plastic bag (there's a turd on our road and it's taken two weeks for it to rot down to a pancake).

One of my most embarrassing experiences was when I took my dad's huge GSP for a walk and forgot to take a poo bag. On that day of all days, the dog decided to spray diarrhoea in dam-busting quantities all across the pavement right outside Alicia Kite on Ecclesall Road. There wasn't anything I could do but leave it, as it would have been impossible to wipe up even if I'd had anything. :gag: