Boiler/Heating Megathread - Advice & Recommendations, No Jobs/Quotes/Advertising

I'v just been quoted on an 18kw Ideal Logic - are they any good ?

I'v just been quoted on an 18kw Ideal Logic - are they any good ?

ideal are very good but, 18kw is very small.

ideal are very good but, 18kw is very small.

Not for a system boiler it isn't

Can entombed give me some advice regarding Danfloss 40704 wireless thermostat? It's just showing the correct time but no temperatures. I've had a wick look at some online instructions. But it only asks you to do a reset if the screen is frozen, which it isn't as the clock is working ok. Any ideas anyone? Thanks.

Should have said anyone, not entombed!

Edited by gluedtopc
Silly autocomplete

Can entombed give me some advice regarding Danfloss 40704 wireless thermostat? It's just showing the correct time but no temperatures. I've had a wick look at some online instructions. But it only asks you to do a reset if the screen is frozen, which it isn't as the clock is working ok. Any ideas anyone? Thanks.

Should have said anyone, not entombed!

My Bold

Try it see what happens, it wont damage it.

I've sorted it out. The room was very gloomy and I didn't notice the tiny low battery LED was on. Popped a couple of batteries in and it's OK now, so if anyone wants some boiler advice I'm your man!!

I bet this has been posted before but this thread is huge so hope its ok to ask again.

My boiler has developed two strange symptoms whcih may be linked - can you help?

First - the pressure gauge reads zero when the heating's off but when heating comes on, it goes up to normal range.

Second after running a bath or shower, the boiler continues to make a noise (guessing its a fan??) long after the water has stopped running.

Do any plumbers on here know what might be wrong?

Thanks

Anyone? Thanks

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but can we have bigger radiators fitted to improve the temp in our house (some seem very small), or do we also need a new boiler?

Thanks

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but can we have bigger radiators fitted to improve the temp in our house (some seem very small), or do we also need a new boiler?

Thanks

Id say it would depend on output power of your existing boiler

Thanks

C.H output of a combi is usually lower than the hot water output. A Vaillant Ecotec pro 24Kw for example will provide a maximum of around 19Kw of C.H output. You can work out the size of the combined radiators required in Kw and see if the boiler can cope. Most radiator manufacturers show the output in Kw and BTU's (a kudox 600x1200 double from Screwfix is approx. 2.5Kw so in theory you could get away with 7 of that size)

After two years of living in a house we've finally gotten round to looking at a faulty radiator in the utility room, it has never heated up. After opening up the lock shield I can feel some warmth at the top of the radiator, i've ensure it's bled but after some googling it suggests the radiator may need flushing or replacing.

Could anyone advise further? Is the above correct?

After two years of living in a house we've finally gotten round to looking at a faulty radiator in the utility room, it has never heated up. After opening up the lock shield I can feel some warmth at the top of the radiator, i've ensure it's bled but after some googling it suggests the radiator may need flushing or replacing.

Could anyone advise further? Is the above correct?

Probably full of sludge. Could do with taking off and flushing through. Also a system filter is a good idea such as a Magnaclean Pro2