Boiler/Heating Megathread - Advice & Recommendations, No Jobs/Quotes/Advertising

On 28/09/2020 at 17:18, RiffRaff said:

Can't see anything like that, I'm afraid.

Might it be in an enclosure, I wonder?

I have same boiler and this part is conected to the condensate pipe after it enters the boiler so the cover has to come off. Also check the flexi condensate pipe inside the boiler because mine has a tear in it and started leaking!!!!!

Edited by mafya

34 minutes ago, mafya said:

I have same boiler and this part is conected to the condensate pipe after it enters the boiler so the cover has to come off. Also check the flexi condensate pipe inside the boiler because mine has a tear in it and started leaking!!!!!

Ta for that!

(Mine's also an EcoTEC Pro 28, by the way)

Still waiting for 'my' plumber to turn up and check.

(Why don't they ever stick to an appointment?!)

Edited by RiffRaff

The gas boiler in my house loses pressure every time the heating is turned on. There are no signs of any leaks in the house?

Any advice on what to do? Other than keep topping up th pressure .

Looking for recommendations for service & repair on a Vaillant ecotec pro 28.

Sounds like diverter valve from reading other posts on here.

The hot water works.

The condensate trap fills up and when emptied the heating works again until condensate trap fills again.

There is a small leak from inside the boiler which goes away when condensate trap emptied. 

Edited by axeman

On 12/10/2020 at 16:23, mafya said:

Laddo eventually turned up to investigate the Vaillant F22 error.

Left muttering something about a 'diaphragm' probably needing a replacement, circa £100.

2 hours ago, RiffRaff said:

Laddo eventually turned up to investigate the Vaillant F22 error.

Left muttering something about a 'diaphragm' probably needing a replacement, circa £100.

After fixing the flexi pipe I also needed a new expansion vessel so ordered a genuine one off eBay for £40 and waiting for boiler man to come out and fit it.

I live in Scotland and have a Central Heating Maintenance Annual Contract with Saltire, who are very good. My Daughter lives in West Sussex, but unfortunately that is beyond Saltire's geographic area. Wishing to avoid the typical Dick Turpin prices charged by the nationals such as British Gas, can anyone recommend a local or regional independent firm similar to Saltire who does an annual contract?

On 27/10/2020 at 14:32, AlJohnstone said:

I live in Scotland and have a Central Heating Maintenance Annual Contract with Saltire, who are very good. My Daughter lives in West Sussex, but unfortunately that is beyond Saltire's geographic area. Wishing to avoid the typical Dick Turpin prices charged by the nationals such as British Gas, can anyone recommend a local or regional independent firm similar to Saltire who does an annual contract?

Would these be near where your daughter lives?

On 30/10/2020 at 01:04, mafya said:

Would these be near where your daughter lives?

Sorry mafya, Can't see the suggestions you make?

As we are now into a new year, and a lot of posts in this thread will no longer be relevant, the new Boiler & Heating megathread is here...