Boiler/Heating Megathread - Advice & Recommendations, No Jobs/Quotes/Advertising

Could I suggest Corgigasman on the Forum he fitted a new combi for me top quality work plus he would give a free written quote which some don't do.

If he contacts me i will be pleased to consider him

thinking of having my boiler serviced, seen deal on groupon for £34 from msl plumbing and gas services.

just wondering if anyone has bought any deal like this before and whether its any good and reliable

thanks

Can anybody give any advice on what size combi boiler is needed for a small mid-terraced house, no extensions, one bathroom?

I have a Salus RT500RF with my Worcester Bosch boiler and am having problems. The flame indicate isisn't on but the heating is still coming on. This is obviously expensive and as it gets too hot in the night I have to turn the boiler off at the wall, which means getting up to a cold house! Any ideas please?

Turn off the eco button for hot water preheat and see if that makes any difference cheers jon at JB Heating.

---------- Post added 28-02-2015 at 20:40 ----------

Could I suggest Corgigasman on the Forum he fitted a new combi for me top quality work plus he would give a free written quote which some don't do.

Hi happy to quote but our waiting list for boiler installs is around 3 weeks cheers jon at JB Heating.

Hi, Could anyone please recommend a good gas engineer/company for a boiler service in the Stannington area?

Cheers

Spanwood

Our electric shower has stopped producing hot water and we are undecided on how to fix it - whether to replace with another electric shower or whether to change the boiler to a combi and run the shower from that. The reason being that the hot water pressure is poor in the house anyway, and the electric shower was also feeble at best.

Any advice?

Hi, Could anyone please recommend a good gas engineer/company for a boiler service in the Stannington area?

Cheers

Spanwood

hi, i got voucher deal from groupon for boiler service for £34, seems like a reputable company , have not used as yet though, so cant really comment

It seems like some people are recommending themselves:)

Does anyone know roughly how much it would cost to replace a central heating system which has an old back boiler, for a good Combi-Boiler system please, and also a reputable firm to do it .....?

Does anyone know roughly how much it would cost to replace a central heating system which has an old back boiler, for a good Combi-Boiler system please, and also a reputable firm to do it .....?

Very rough anything from 2-4k cheers jon.

Thinking of having my boiler moved around from the side of the kitchen so I get a clear wall, to the end roughly around 6 feet. Also maybe a radiator added to the system or would a double rad fit in the place of a single or would the pipes need altering.

Edited by iansheff

Thinking of having my boiler moved around from the side of the kitchen so I get a clear wall, to the end roughly around 6 feet. Also maybe a radiator added to the system or would a double rad fit in the place of a single or would the pipes need bringing altering.

Hi i would say you could do either with the radiator situation, there are ways to re-jig the pipes to fit a double in place of a single cheers Jon at

JB Heating.