Boiler/Heating Megathread - Advice & Recommendations, No Jobs/Quotes/Advertising

I've gone an d got myself one of those Nest Thermostats, I'm also looking at doing my bathroom, one of the things I'm looking at is underfloor heating if it's not too expensive. Now ideally I want to have the Nest control the underfloor heating (or at least have it switch on at the same time) but the last quote I had said it'd be a big job as I'd need to route it to the combi boiler with all the piping etc, or I need to go electric for that. If I was doing electric does anyone know if there's anything like a WeMo switch which I could connect using something like IFTTT?

i have a combi boiler heating question

when i got up the room thermostat showed 13 degrees i put it to 15 its taken 3 hours for the room temp to reach 15,the boiler has been on non stop to do this

obv 15 degrees isnt that warm in evening and night so im having to put electric fire on to get warm,

even the radiators arnt that hot to touch its showing 1.6 bar and 43 degree on boiler??

any ideas would be most welcome

thanks in advance

what temperature is the boiler set at for the c/h?

Do you mean thermostat? Its now at 17 degrees and my boiler has been on since 3pm never gonna get to 20 degrees tonight

Been to look at boiler and temp was set at 50 degrees I have adjusted to Max 73 degrees so see if it gets any Warmer thermostat set at 20 degrees still

Edited by bunnykins
added info

yes - it should be set at 70 to 75 degrees

Hi, I live in s62 and need my vokera boiler servicing. Can a recommendation be made for someone? Many thanks

Katie

Hi, I live in s62 and need my vokera boiler servicing. Can a recommendation be made for someone? Many thanks

Katie

I can fully recommend Steve (Corgigasman) on here top man and top quality work with a written quote.

Katie

Hi. I can sort this for you this week. Thanks, Lee

I am looking for a qualified gasman/company who does annual boiler servicing.

British Gas are quoting £150 + £60 per visit. This seems a lot to me.

I used to be with Keir but they seem to have stopped doing servicing.

Can anyone recommend anyone please?

Hi to do a good sevice your looking around £50-70 depending on boiler

Private message sent, thank you