Boiler/Heating Megathread - Advice & Recommendations, No Jobs/Quotes/Advertising

Broken radiator knob, bloody British Gas engineer must have snapped it off and just put it back so I didn't notice :rant:

Pleased you're sorted but unless he was servicing the boiler, why would he need to touch it if he was 'fixing the meter', unless at the very least the control needed resetting while the gas cam thro'

Hope it was cheap, but I'd be fuming!

hi

anybody got a POTTERTON SUPRIMA 30-100 pcb 407750 stamped on it

mine just packed in

tried re soldering joints but no luck

please pm me

Hi Barts96, got one on the van as a popular board. Not cheap tho!!

Cheers

Lee

Pleased you're sorted but unless he was servicing the boiler, why would he need to touch it if he was 'fixing the meter', unless at the very least the control needed resetting while the gas cam thro'

Hope it was cheap, but I'd be fuming!

Leeman was very reasonably priced, I wouldn't hesitate to call on him again in the future

Fully working PCB you can have.....removed working boiler the other day :)

cheers pal:thumbsup:

see you tomorrow:clap::banana:

Long story short, our boiler pressure keeps dropping - I open the valve to get it up to 1.5 bar or so, and within 5 mins it's back to zero. I can't find a leak anywhere. Our landlady says she can't get someone to look at it until after Christmas.

We've got no heating or hot water. Is there anything we can do ourselves to fix it? It doesn't even maintain pressure long enough to have a shower...

It's just me, my girlfriend and our dog...

You should have a pipe running from the boiler to outside, 15mm. Try raising pressure..if the pipe emits water and you have no other obvious leaks it'll be the valve or more likely the EV.